Grumpuscreature update :TRIPPLE BYPASS

-

Xcptshnl1

Reaction score
TRIPLE BYPASS
Hello there, This is Mary. David ( Grumpuscreature) Had tripple bypass surgery at 6:00 this morning.

He had an 85% blockage in his Pulmonary Artery. The Doctors had to crack his chest open. (OUCH)

His is in Cardiac ICU for the next two-three days, then he is looking at at least 7-9 days in on the heart floor.

12 hours after surgery began, he was taken off the breathing machine !

The Doc said that usually don't happen until 48 hours after the surgery is over.

After the tubes were removed from his lungs and stomach, the nurse asked him " What is your name?"
He said in a gruff voice,"David."

Then the nurse asked him his birthday, he responded, "Read the damn bracelet, I'm tired!!"

I cried and clapped my hands and said, "He's complaining, He'll be just fine!"

:cheers:

THANKS TO ALL FOR THE HEART FELT WISHES AND PRAYERS.

He ain't out of the woods yet, he's gettin' there :angel8::angel8::angel8:

Love to all,
~Mary

I have a few friends who've had the same procedures.......I think he's gonna be feelin' a LOT better than before after his recovery time.

Blessings to ya'.............Prayers still goin' up. :cheers:

That's great news!

My 72 year old father-in-law had a quadruple bypass a couple of months ago, he had almost 100% blockage in 3 arteries. But he was up and around within a couple of days, then went home within a week. He was sore for a couple of weeks, especially in his arm and leg where the took the replacement arteries from.

These days he's bouncing off the walls, he's got so much energy. I guess having blood flowing through your body again will do that to ya. ;-)

It's amazing how far they've come with this sort of surgery, it's pretty much a common procedure now.

Glad to hear he's made it thru. Be prepared the recovery can be pretty brutal.You will be amazed however with his progress of that I am sure.We could see my father getting stronger every day!With My Dad the ride home and the first day back were pretty scary for us .The hardest part for My Father seems to be getting him to take it slow.He had a double bypass back in november He's got so much more energy now he often overdoes it.
Keep us updated please .And we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

That's excellent news Mary, reminds me of my father, anyway good luck to the both of you and hopefully he'll be back to his old self in no time.

Terry

My kind of guy. Tell'em ya name and the rest you figure out I'm gettin shut eye! LOL.

Yaaa - Hoooo!!!!!

So glad to hear things went well for your hubby! You'll have him back at home in no time!! More best wishes to him for a speedy recovery:cheers:

Hi Mary,

That is great to hear. I hope you are taking care of yourself too, We are all thinking of you, dave, and your family.

Phil

Hi Mary -
That's the best news I've heard all day! Do you have a pillow with a big Mopar 'M' on it? He may need it during recovery. A friend of ours had a 5-bypass surgery about a year ago and he said the best thing he had was a pillow to clutch to his chest whenever he needed to cough. That's gotta be painful after they crack your chest to get at your heart.
Best wishes to the 'Grumpus', to you, and to your boys!

Good morning, I am posting from the hospital Thank goodness for Wi-Fi

:cheers:

He has a little swelling, but that was expected. He is still loopy :toothy10:
but that was expected, too.

The doc said he is doing very well.

David had the heart attack on our wedding anniversary, and his surgery on Friday the 13th. Doc said he should be out in 7-9 days and he is healing nicely.

I will post again tonight.

~Mary:love3:

Heart attack on your anniversary, and surgery on Friday the 13th. Being a Halloween baby, "I" would take those as good omens:toothy10:

Glad he is doing well!!

Hang in there girl!!!! Tell him he sounds like his old self again. Share lots of Love with those boys!!!!

Tell David we hope he's back home real soon! These days what was once a complicated procedure is now common place. My Mother-in-Law had a valve replacement and she's was back to normal in hardly no time.

Thank you for the updates Mary!

-
Back