Guess Demon Sizzler no longer building thermoquads??

-

Brooks James

VET, CPT, Huey Medevac Pilot
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Need a real expert to build my thermoquad
I have three in pieces
One smogger from 360
One from a 400
One from a 440 motor home non smogger
If you know someone that is really good with them I would appreciate a heads up as well as what I would expect to pay I would appreciate responses from those who have first hand experience

Here is an old guide on thermoquads that used to float around on the net.

Attachments

• vaanth_thermo-quad_guide.txt
    74.7 KB · Views: 167
Jon Hardgrove.

The Carburetor Shop. Eldon, Missouri. He has a website. TQs are his favourite carb.
Summit sells recond units. I ordered a 6000 series carb, 850, should be here soon. Reasonable price, too. Might be another way to go.

I have a phone number for David (demonsizzler) if you want to try it. PM me if you want it. I don't know if it's still good.

Last I spoke with David, he was retiring from a lot of things in life to refocus on the important things in life starting with his family. I wished him the best and he told me to get a hold of him next time I’m get myself down into Ga. for some good Mexican food so we could shoot the **** over dinner.

Jon Hardgrove.

The Carburetor Shop. Eldon, Missouri. He has a website. TQs are his favourite carb.
Summit sells recond units. I ordered a 6000 series carb, 850, should be here soon. Reasonable price, too. Might be another way to go.
I called him he no longer builds carbs but can has complete kits for anything
He also has tquad metering rods but they are expensive
His recommendation for a tquad builder is San Diego Carburetor I called SanDiego carbs his price was $650!!!!!!

Last edited:
If you’d into doing Mods to the TQ, I only know a few. There not hard. But at there size, cfm capacity, there is hardly a need for most engines.

Now where’s my favorite new Aussie? @Bewy
He has gone further than I have seen anyone post on line with these TQ’s.
@Hysteric also has a good deep well of knowledge. The think very much so these two good fellas can really help!
I was certainly paying attention when these two guys were chatting! Oh yea!

If you’d into doing Mods to the TQ, I only know a few. There not hard. But at there size, cfm capacity, there is hardly a need for most engines.

Now where’s my favorite new Aussie? @Bewy
He has gone further than I have seen anyone post on line with these TQ’s.
@Hysteric also has a good deep well of knowledge. The think very much so these two good fellas can really help!
I was certainly paying attention when these two guys were chatting! Oh yea!
Thanks will check it out

I was with a customer. Returned your call and left a message.

these guys did the one for my lil red express.. very happy with the results.. called harms at the time and he was expensive and would have taken a lot longer for me to get it back.. think once he got the carb it was going to be 8 weeks for him to turn it around, then add the time it would take to get from the east coast all the way to the west coast and back.....

Vintage Muscle Car Parts

i didn't care about having the original finish. just wanted it to run as it should.. it was in bad shape from sitting a lot of years...

IMG_7132.JPG

IMG_7133.JPG

IMG_7135.JPG

IMG_7192.JPG

carb 2.jpg

carb 5.jpg

carb 6.jpg

these guys did the one for my lil red express.. very happy with the results.. called harms at the time and he was expensive and would have taken a lot longer for me to get it back.. think once he got the carb it was going to be 8 weeks for him to turn it around, then add the time it would take to get from the east coast all the way to the west coast and back.....

Vintage Muscle Car Parts

i didn't care about having the original finish. just wanted it to run as it should.. it was in bad shape from sitting a lot of years...

View attachment 1715695446

View attachment 1715695447

View attachment 1715695448

View attachment 1715695449

View attachment 1715695450

View attachment 1715695451

View attachment 1715695445

Yeah. So happy you sold the effer. dummy. lol

Dana,
Do you know if Woodruff has any Comp Series TQs for sale? Thanks.

I have 2 850’s and 1, 1000 for sale.

Last edited:
-
Back