Guess the HP

-
Rat bastid & I will be making some more noise tomorrow, he put some oiling restrictions in for my rockers, we were only getting 50 psi at idle and it was falling below towards the higher rpm area in the tests.

You guys should be knocking on the door of 800hp by now!!

You guys should be knocking on the door of 800hp by now!!

LOL…working out some bugs right now. The dyno operator isn‘t on his game right now. He needs to pull his head out of his arse.

We are very close to getting some actual, real, repeatable and accurate numbers.

We are waiting on some stuff and when I get back from an out of town trip we should be getting good data.

Today we got some testing done, the Dyno is tuned up and working properly
These are the numbers SO FAR....
Peak 637 Ft lbs at 4500 rpm. I think it was making 566 ft lbs at 3000 rpm
Peak 612 hp at 5500 rpm lol.
I'll have some more numbers soon, a graph and a video we're starting tuning now,
Yeah the fenderwell headers are really making it peak early.
The crossover was 5252 rpm 600 for both

Those numbers are with the BLP 850, right? What's the venturi size on that carb?

Those numbers are with the BLP 850, right? What's the venturi size on that carb?
It has the standard 1.56 ? 850 venturi with annular boosters. I think I misread blp with their claim of 1060 cfm that being with a 1.60 venturi.
We found out recently the load cell on the Dyno may have been bad or something was wrong with it. So those numbers may or may not change.
If the Dyno operator will magically get healthy we maybe doing more testing on Sunday

It has the standard 1.56 ? 850 venturi with annular boosters. I think I misread blp with their claim of 1060 cfm that being with a 1.60 venturi.
We found out recently the load cell on the Dyno may have been bad or something was wrong with it. So those numbers may or may not change.
If the Dyno operator will magically get healthy we maybe doing more testing on Sunday

I was feeling pretty good last night. Today…kinda sucky again. This **** has legs. I usually recover pretty quickly but this one is just one big suckfest.

I was feeling pretty good last night. Today…kinda sucky again. This **** has legs. I usually recover pretty quickly but this one is just one big suckfest.
I'll be over sometime today to put the heads back together. I gotta put up the Jesus birthday lights first for my wife lol

I'll be over sometime today to put the heads back together. I gotta put up the Jesus birthday lights first for my wife lol

Just let yourself in. And probably leave the header off so I can hang the calibration weight one more time to verify I haven’t jacked that up.

I‘m going to stay down one more day and hope I’m good to go tomorrow.

And yeah, you should probably retorque the heads just because it’s far enough apart to do it real quick while your in there.

Just let yourself in. And probably leave the header off so I can hang the calibration weight one more time to verify I haven’t jacked that up.

I‘m going to stay down one more day and hope I’m good to go tomorrow.

And yeah, you should probably retorque the heads just because it’s far enough apart to do it real quick while your in there.
Okay I'll text you when I get there

Whoooaaa!!!
Sounds like some secret squirrel **** going on over there:usflag:
Yeah unfortunately it's nothing to do with making more power. It broke a rocker shaft somehow. Well 2
Pretty soon we'll be doing the fun stuff

What rocker gear?
Harland sharp. 1st one was wrong bolts too short, 2nd shaft not sure... But could have been cracked at the point of the 1st one breaking.
I didn't install the rockers but found the problem lol

Studs I would lightly bottom by hand with a blue loctite. Then torque the nuts with an arp lube to like 15-17 lb ft.

3/8” studs at 17ft/lb doesn’t preload the fastener enough for my liking.

HS shafts are pretty thick wall, and I haven’t had any issues with them deforming at 30ft/lbs.

I installed the new rocker shaft, inspected the other shaft, it looked fine.
Then Installed the studs, also upgraded my brand new Smith bros 5/16 pushrods to Smith bros 3/8 pushrods because even though I have sft-hr spring pressures we did notice a bit of witness markings on those 5/16 pushrods.
I torqued the nuts to the studs at 28 ft lbs.
Reset all my lash at .018....ice freaking cold
**** I better check my notes on that.
Gotta do it over .018 is supposed to be hot.
On second thought for the sake of lash loops we'll run it and see if it likes it.
.013 will be hot

Last edited:
.018 cold will be .023-ish hot.

Depending on how cold cold is, and how hot hot is.
It was 17 degrees out today and maybe will be somewhere near that tommorow.
Sorry, another dislexic math equation by me

It was 17 degrees out today and maybe will be somewhere near that tommorow.
Sorry, another dislexic math equation by me

And they are talking snow tomorrow. Did you happen to check and see if the pipes had frozen on the water tank? I haven’t lately. Who knows, they could be frozen solid. They better not be, but you know how **** goes around this place lol

And they are talking snow tomorrow. Did you happen to check and see if the pipes had frozen on the water tank? I haven’t lately. Who knows, they could be frozen solid. They better not be, but you know how **** goes around this place lol
I told cinnamon to do it lol
No, I meant to but.....
But I bet we should put a couple of those water heating deals in that tank, I bet there's some ice in there by now

I told cinnamon to do it lol
No, I meant to but.....
But I bet we should put a couple of those water heating deals in that tank, I bet there's some ice in there by now

Yeah, you can’t count on Cinnamon to do anything around here that isn’t ball related. She’s about useless, but cute.

I may have to drag a ladder out there and look and see how much (if any) ice is in the tank.

Yeah, you can’t count on Cinnamon to do anything around here that isn’t ball related. She’s about useless, but cute.

I may have to drag a ladder out there and look and see how much (if any) ice is in the tank.
I never thought of it before but being the business partner that lives three hours away has it's advantages! :lol: , and you know Cinnamon is doing exactly what she should lol.

-
Back