Guess the HP

-
Not going to be any inflated numbers with this deal, our personal engines (as well as some others) will be at the track so it will be figured out quick this coming season. Also we plan on doing mostly mopar stuff including intake comparisons, heads etc. and the results will be available on our channel but more on that later. FIRST we got to replace our new but faulty rpm sensor and make some pulls.
Any pictures of your dyno?

I just bought 2.125" TTI headers for my car to replace the 2" TTI headers that are on it. It was dyno'd with 2.125 fenderwell headers.

I'd love to see it pick up this kind of power when I swap these
That would be very interesting to actually know for sure.
I have a set of fender wells that I’ll use despite there tube length being to long for top end HP. The price was right and I’m not a track warrior. The extra torque on the street makes for a great fun feeling car. While the previously posted increases are a bit more than a good bit more. I don’t spend a lot of time up in the top of the rpm range. Street cars normally don’t.

What kinds of gains can be had from trying different headers is directly related to the engine combo being tested.

On a stock 383, my dyno headers aren’t going to be better than some 1-7/8” FW’s.

On a 900hp 572, the differences will be huge.

What kinds of gains can be had from trying different headers is directly related to the engine combo being tested.

On a stock 383, my dyno headers aren’t going to be better than some 1-7/8” FW’s.

hoping I see a big difference on mine!

Any pictures of your dyno?
I don't have any of the dyno itself, just pics with the engine on it. It was a cobbled together basket case that's getting overhauled so it's a work in progress and will keep getting "refined" as we go. We spent five days hoping to make a pull only to get stalled by the rpm sensor and some odd pump issues but we should have those sorted out next week. The dyno is a little over a 3 hour drive east for me so I see a bunch of miles in my future, but there are good guys and renegade raceway is there. @Rat Bastid may chime in, it's at his shop and sorry to @MOPARMAGA for the derail, I owe you some dr. pepper lol.

I don't have any of the dyno itself, just pics with the engine on it. It was a cobbled together basket case that's getting overhauled so it's a work in progress and will keep getting "refined" as we go. We spent five days hoping to make a pull only to get stalled by the rpm sensor and some odd pump issues but we should have those sorted out next week. The dyno is a little over a 3 hour drive east for me so I see a bunch of miles in my future, but there are good guys and renegade raceway is there. @Rat Bastid may chime in, it's at his shop and sorry to @MOPARMAGA for the derail, I owe you some dr. pepper lol.
Dynos are like racecars.

Who's tuning up the dyno?
I didn't know Yakima had such a technician. lol
590-610 Hp + or - 3.3%

Hey @lead69 , no need for any apology. I was glad to meet you and Josh & it was cool to work with all you . I love me some Dr pepper

Okay cool, yeah that makes sense

My other favorite was a swap from 1 5/8 hookers to tti steps and picking up 45hp or something like that on a 340. 455hp to 500hp. Yeah that happens all the time. Saw that quoted more than once in here years ago and laughed, right up there with the Mopar Muscle XE268H cammed, stock headed/compression 340 making 400Hp...

My other favorite was a swap from 1 5/8 hookers to tti steps and picking up 45hp or something like that on a 340. 455hp to 500hp. Yeah that happens all the time. Saw that quoted more than once in here years ago and laughed, right up there with the Mopar Muscle XE268H cammed, stock headed/compression 340 making 400Hp...
I e always day dreamed that one day I could recreate the Mag builds to test. Just because. Just as you said. Sometimes I read the results and I’m not exactly sold on it saying to myself, WOW! Is that REALLLLLLLY POSSSIBLE????

I also day dreamed of building the entire “Tips Section” just to see what kind of power each build made. Ahhhhh, being young!

Today we got some testing done, the Dyno is tuned up and working properly
These are the numbers SO FAR....
Peak 637 Ft lbs at 4500 rpm. I think it was making 566 ft lbs at 3000 rpm
Peak 612 hp at 5500 rpm lol.
I'll have some more numbers soon, a graph and a video we're starting tuning now,
Yeah the fenderwell headers are really making it peak early.
The crossover was 5252 rpm 600 for both

Last edited:
I'll have some more numbers soon, a graph and a video we're starting tuning now,
The crossover was around 5250 rpm 600 for both
1.36 lbs-ft:cid very efficient engine

1.36 lbs-ft:cid very efficient engine
I'm going to try to get a better set of headers if I can, I'd like to know what this thing is capable of.
Probably not much more, the cam isn't that big but I am happy that it peaks low, so it should last a long time. I hope

The crossover was around 5250 rpm 600 for both
Crossover is 5252. That's the constant for calculating HP from torque. If HP and torque are scaled the same on your graph the cross over will always be 5252 rpm. That's how I like to graph it most of the time. Glad to hear you have it up and running. Can't wait to see pictures and or video.

Crossover is 5252. That's the constant for calculating HP from torque. If HP and torque are scaled the same on your graph the cross over will always be 5252 rpm. That's how I like to graph it most of the time. Glad to hear you have it up and running. Can't wait to see pictures and or video.
Thanks I edited my post.

I already posted the numbers yesterday so far, it made peak 612 at 5500, we tried taking it up to 6300 she was out of steam but that was most likely the headers fault.

-
Back