Guess the HP

-
493 with std port SR’s, M1 single plane w/4500 adapter, 1050 carb, 11-ish CR, roller cam.

FW headers:
618tq@4100
639tq@4500

638hp@6100
616hp@6800

2-2 1/8 x 4 dyno headers:
518tq@4100
637tq@4800

673hp@6300
665hp@6800

The crossover point was 4700rpm.
Both were 567hp@4700, then the dyno headers just pulled away.
FW headers were 100tq better at 4100.
Well dang, 35 HP from a header swap.
I wonder how effective the 1050 with an adapter is versus a nice 4150 ?

Today. You can ask rat bastid he's the Dyno operator. My engine is giving the Dyno it's maiden voyage in it's new home so there's quite the learning curve and bugs to work out.

Let me turn the screws on that dyno. We will get 1200 horsepower out of a hydraulic cam 318. Lol

I was flowing a set of cnc’d AFR Chevy heads for him and he wasn’t happy at all with the flow numbers we were getting. I said what would you be happy with. Being a bit of a smart azz he said 380 and while I was bsing with him I changed the config number on my laptop. He was standing there but never noticed so I said let’s flow them again. This time we hit 384cfm and I said are you happier now. They will run the same but you have the best flowing AFR heads on earth. Lol

Last edited:
Today. You can ask rat bastid he's the Dyno operator. My engine is giving the Dyno it's maiden voyage in it's new home so there's quite the learning curve and bugs to work out.
You’re in good hands.

Saw roughly the same as PRH posted about HP loss up top and moving the tq peak lower with hooker FW headers

It's the tube length. IIRC, they are in the 44-45inch range which is way too long for anything making some steam.

Had a different set of Hedman FW headers IIRC and they were much better than the hookers.

I'm kinda thinking my choice with the annular boosters might hurt the power up top as well.
Probably should have went with a bigger venturi

Saw roughly the same as PRH posted about HP loss up top and moving the tq peak lower with hooker FW headers

It's the tube length. IIRC, they are in the 44-45inch range which is way too long for anything making some steam.

Had a different set of Hedman FW headers IIRC and they were much better than the hookers.
I've heard the hedmans are better in 2 ways, tire clearance being one of them.

Let me turn the screws on that dyno. We will get 1200 horsepower out of a hydraulic cam 318. Lol
Well, I think there's enough data out there to compare engines to get a believable number.
I'm 100% sure rat bastid isn't into making extra happy Dyno numbers....and like I said I'm really just trying to get the numbers to base my converter and rear gear choice.

You guys have made me curious. I know my fenderwells are 2"tube, but I don't know the length of tube or collector. Guess I'll have to grab a tape and check.....

I'm kinda thinking my choice with the annular boosters might hurt the power up top as well.
Probably should have went with a bigger venturi
The annular boosters might cause a little airflow restriction and cost a few up high but they are so nice everywhere else that they’re worth it.

Well dang, 35 HP from a header swap.
I wonder how effective the 1050 with an adapter is versus a nice 4150 ?
35hp gain from the dyno headers, peak to peak......... but almost 50hp@6800.

On that motor, with the dyno headers....... it was 13hp better with the adapter & 1050/4500 than a good ported 850 on a 1” spacer.

I also ran the 1050 on an M1/4500 with no spacer. That’s actually what went in the car....... it was basically the same as the M1 4150 w/the 4500 adapter.

Last edited:
Sorry guys I kinda jumped the gun, we thought we'd have this done yesterday. there are some gremlins still being worked out. Rpm switch needs replaced and won't be at rat bastids house till next Thursday.
I'll update asap.

35hp gain from the dyno headers, peak to peak......... but almost 50hp@6800.

On that motor, with the dyno headers....... it was 13hp better with the adapter & 1050/4500 than a good ported 850 on a 1” spacer.

I also ran the 1050 on an M1/4500 with no spacer. That’s actually what went in the car....... it was basically the same as the M1 4150 w/the 4500 adapter.
Thanks for that info, I might have to get a spacer and try out my dominator on there then.
If I can afford it, I'll make a new set of headers this winter.

Sorry guys I kinda jumped the gun, we thought we'd have this done yesterday. there are some gremlins still being worked out. Rpm switch needs replaced and won't be at rat bastids house till next Thursday.
I'll update asap.

Wholly crap and I took a shower and turned my underwear inside out for this.

I'll update asap.
:mad:

Not going to be any inflated numbers with this deal, our personal engines (as well as some others) will be at the track so it will be figured out quick this coming season. Also we plan on doing mostly mopar stuff including intake comparisons, heads etc. and the results will be available on our channel but more on that later. FIRST we got to replace our new but faulty rpm sensor and make some pulls.

Last edited:
FW headers:
618tq@4100
639tq@4500

638hp@6100
616hp@6800

2-2 1/8 x 4 dyno headers:
518tq@4100
637tq@4800

673hp@6300
665hp@6800

The crossover point was 4700rpm.
Both were 567hp@4700, then the dyno headers just pulled away.
FW headers were 100tq better at 4100.

I just bought 2.125" TTI headers for my car to replace the 2" TTI headers that are on it. It was dyno'd with 2.125 fenderwell headers.

I'd love to see it pick up this kind of power when I swap these

-
Back