Guess the HP

-
Today we got some testing done, the Dyno is tuned up and working properly
These are the numbers SO FAR....
Peak 637 Ft lbs at 4500 rpm. I think it was making 566 ft lbs at 3000 rpm
Peak 612 hp at 5500 rpm lol.
I'll have some more numbers soon, a graph and a video we're starting tuning now,
Yeah the fenderwell headers are really making it peak early.
The crossover was 5252 rpm 600 for both
This would make for a really awesome street car. With the fender well headers making peak Tq earlier, it’s gotta be a hoot on the street. It’s nice that it’s a low rpm engine in a way instead of spinning the set up to 7K every time to make more power. The low rpm will help long life.

I already posted the numbers yesterday so far, it made peak 612 at 5500, we tried taking it up to 6300 she was out of steam but that was most likely the headers fault.

And cam timing. I think we are closing the intake way too soon with your 102 ICL.

Due to the header?

No, due to the huge bore and relatively long stroke and rod ratio.

In my thinking the piston is hanging around TDC longer opening the intake valve sooner just has the piston in the way.

Plus, intake valve closing is by far the most important thing and closing it 4 degrees early is limiting cylinder fill above peak torque.

Plus, I need to look at exhaust valve opening before we do anything so we don’t step on our wieners.

Gotcha! That makes the most sense but since the FW headers are in the picture and always a subject of contention with there use, I thought there would be an effect with them. While I’m sure there is! How much it plays 1 way or the other is a possible part of the package that could be big or small.

Do you know how they did it years last with those headers?

Are these corrected numbers? If so which standard are you using?

Are these corrected numbers? If so which standard are you using?

Yes. The “old race” standard of 29.92/60 degree dry air.

Thats one thing that makes me not trust the numbers 100%. I’m not sure I have the weather calibration set up correctly or if the built in weather station is doing it, and if I’m correctly calibrating the dyno correctly.

That should be getting cleaned up here in a bit.

Wait, seriously? Or sarcasm?
Ether way, yep! BTDT Sometimes it goes quick and sometimes…. Not!
Yes, seriously. I still have to build the car.
They were just sitting a few feet away in my garage. Now they're missing each other because the engine is on the Dyno lol.
I need to get some heat out there so I can work on it & the summer was way to hot

I’ve always heard good things about customer support from PT.

I can say without equivocation that Performance Trends customer service is the very best in the business. By far. I can’t say enough good about Kevin and his staff. They back their products 100% and go out of their way to make sure you get the best out of their stuff.

Just 100% top notch service.

I can say without equivocation that Performance Trends customer service is the very best in the business. By far. I can’t say enough good about Kevin and his staff. They back their products 100% and go out of their way to make sure you get the best out of their stuff.

Just 100% top notch service.
Yeah, I'll agree just off what you've said about him. What a big help.

Now that’s a hell of a statement. If it popped outta your mouth down onto print, they gotta be good. I myself am tough on the subject and will say with honesty the truth about someone’s or businesses customer service.

No BS out of my mouth ether.
You get what you deserve it I’ll shout it out!

I have my 470 on the Dyno.
3.915 stroke
4.375 bore.
11.4:1 compression.
Howard's solid flat tappet 260-264 @.050 .656-.660 on 108 lsa 104 icl
Trickflow 240s with 1.6 Harland sharp rockers.
Trickflow track heat intake (4150)
Blp 850 with 16 hole annular boosters.
Msd pro-billet distributor & 6al-2
Testing with my 2 inch fenderwell headers &
Pan evac system.
I should get some pulls on it tommorow.

View attachment 1715996945
What inch carb spacer is that, and what brand is it

Rat bastid & I will be making some more noise tomorrow, he put some oiling restrictions in for my rockers, we were only getting 50 psi at idle and it was falling below towards the higher rpm area in the tests.

Last edited:
-
Back