Guess the HP

-
I never thought of it before but being the business partner that lives three hours away has it's advantages! :lol: , and you know Cinnamon is doing exactly what she should lol.
She's like a guard dog on permanent vacation

I never thought of it before but being the business partner that lives three hours away has it's advantages! :lol: , and you know Cinnamon is doing exactly what she should lol.

That damn dog is in laying on my bed, stinking it up. She is a PITA.

I don’t know what it is, but it’s hanging around like a bad date. It’s time for her to move on for sure.
Keep that **** over there, the west wind blows all that crap to my neck of the woods. lol

Keep that **** over there, the west wind blows all that crap to my neck of the woods. lol

Yeah, you don’t want this. Don’t even know where it came from. I was blaming the wife, and she is blaming my mom.

So the end of it is some woman made me sick. I’ve just shot two full weeks right in the ***. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll be able to get outside and do something.

I just bought 2.125" TTI headers for my car to replace the 2" TTI headers that are on it. It was dyno'd with 2.125 fenderwell headers.

I'd love to see it pick up this kind of power when I swap these
What oil pan / system do you have with those headers.
I have the super stock milodon with single external pick up. My pan is not listed on their pans that work but looking at the headers, I don't see why not. I'm obviously hoping you have the same one I do because I'd like to get those headers as well.

Also if any of you Dyno operator dudes or dudes who had there stuff on the Dyno do the tti fit on the dyno or do the hit the frame. This one is super flow 901 bones

Today we got some testing done, the Dyno is tuned up and working properly
These are the numbers SO FAR....
Peak 637 Ft lbs at 4500 rpm. I think it was making 566 ft lbs at 3000 rpm
Peak 612 hp at 5500 rpm lol.
I'll have some more numbers soon, a graph and a video we're starting tuning now,
Yeah the fenderwell headers are really making it peak early.
The crossover was 5252 rpm 600 for both
This is which the 2 inch fender wall headers correct?
Did you use header extensions?
If so, at what length?

612hp 633 tq
Going back over the thread for a memory refresher, and have to offer a “Congratulations!!!” On your guessing the numbers.
Great call.

Some other members came close but I think your the closest!

This is which the 2 inch fender wall headers correct?
Did you use header extensions?
If so, at what length?
Yeah 2 inch fw headers, there's about 15 inch extensions. Also 12 feet of 6 inch flex tube to get the exhaust out of the bay.

On the 901 I use, 2” TTi’s on a RB hit the uprights.

Over 20 years ago I had some 2-2 1/8 x 4 dyno headers made.
All the higher HP stuff gets run with those.

2” Hooker Super Comp B & E body headers fit, along with their 1-7/8” Competition headers.

Going back over the thread for a memory refresher, and have to offer a “Congratulations!!!” On your guessing the numbers.
Great call.

Some other members came close but I think your the closest!
We're still messing with the engine, so like rat bastid said nothing is set in stone yet.

On the 901 I use, 2” TTi’s on a RB hit the uprights.
Okay so then on the low deck it should not fit at all. Son of bish, I'll have to make some Dyno headers.

We're still messing with the engine, so like rat bastid said nothing is set in stone yet.
Oh great! Well, you said guess the HP and as far as I’m concerned, that guess nailed it even though there is more to come. First dyno test/session should and hopefully never be the last.

Can you mount the header backwards and such????

@PHR These fender well headers, (@ 2 inch) would I be correct in saying they will still act the same way on a lower displacement engine like a 383/400. Just less power obviously.
But! Being a smaller displacement, possibly peak at a higher rpm?

Oh great! Well, you said guess the HP and as far as I’m concerned, that guess nailed it even though there is more to come. First dyno test/session should and hopefully never be the last.

He guessed 1 test correctly, yep.
Well we'll have to figure that out maybe upside down, backwards would blow rat bastid away lol

@PHR These fender well headers, (@ 2 inch) would I be correct in saying they will still act the same way on a lower displacement engine like a 383/400. Just less power obviously.
But! Being a smaller displacement, possibly peak at a higher rpm?
I’ve actually never had them on anything smaller than a 440, but I’d assume they should show the same tendency.

Maybe we could mount them backwards. I only see one small issue.

It would BBQ the dyno operator. I’ll ask him when I see him, but I doubt he will go for that. He’s kind of a little sissy…

Maybe we could mount them backwards. I only see one small issue.

It would BBQ the dyno operator. I’ll ask him when I see him, but I doubt he will go for that. He’s kind of a little sissy…
His wife might kill him too lol

Well, I can understand hot in the room issues!

The only way to overcome polluting the room with exhaust gas and heat is to spend money on an overly large pressure wave cancellation box and then route a tube to the back of the room to exit the room via the normal hook up route.

Yea, I know, with metal costs today, it’s not gonna happen.

-
Back