guess what i am doing ughhhh

-
You dropped a screw down the distributor hole and can't find it?

Somebody stole your intake?

You bought that new invisible intake from Edelfocker?

Um........I'm running low, here....................

could be worse but i got a ticking/clacking noise and it seems a lifter is bad

You do know you can replace a lifter/s, without taking the manifold off..

You can fish it/them outta the opening in the head, using a magnet,, or hooked tool (bent/filed welding rod), sometimes you have to back out one of the intake bolts, if it protrudes thru the head..

Saves messing around with all the coolant/oil thing, (ughhh stuff), depending on what you need to do..

hope it helps

You do know you can replace a lifter/s, without taking the manifold off..

You can fish it/them outta the opening in the head,, sometimes you have to back out one of the intake bolts, if it protrudes thru the head..

Saves messing around with all the coolant/oil thing,, depending on what you need to do..

hope it helps

so easy to take of the intake so for me its not really worth trying to fish it out any other way

I often change a lifter in less than 15 mins. no fuss, no mess., no intake gasket..

Just thought you'd like to know in case there's a next time,, and, if time is an issue..

Just trying to take the "ughhh" outta it for ya,, oh well.. ... lol

hope it helps

I change a lifter in less than 15 mins. no fuss, no mess., no intake gasket..

Just thought you'd like to know in case there's a next time,, and, if time is an issue..

hope it helps

that sounds awesome. do you have more info and maybe even pics ??. a tutorial on this would be pretty cool

I often change a lifter in less than 15 mins. no fuss, no mess., no intake gasket..

Just trying to take the "ughhh" outta it for ya,, oh well.. ... lol

hope it helps

Inertia's right on, it couldn't be easier or quicker, a strong magnet and they pop out and back in and your done in 20 mins.

Inertia's right on, it couldn't be easier or quicker, a strong magnet and they pop out and back in and your done in 20 mins.

and you pull them right up through the top of the head ?? i will have to look tomorrow when i go over there. im changing them allanyway so i assume its prob better to pull intake when you do them all

They actually make lifter puller tools. KD tools and Lisle used to make one. A long thin tool, you stick it down inside the recess in the lifter. You turn it, and the stem expands the end inside the lifter

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&biw=1252&bih=611&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=%22valve+lifter+puller%22&oq=%22valve+lifter+puller%22&gs_l=img.3..0i24.35508.39059.0.39454.10.10.0.0.0.1.138.1031.0j9.9.0....0...1c.1.48.img..5.5.596.0B-Vr8waj2s

AMSK-731201.jpg

I've got that tool and a coupla others,, they often don't fit down the pushrod hole.. One you can take the bottom off and drop down into the valley and try to reassemble it thru the pushrod hole..

Sometimes you just gotta take the manifold off, some lifters are gooped right up,, but a relatively fresh engine, or well maintained,, this is a real time/money saver for the me/customer..

I'm a flat rate mechanic,, do things the quickest, most efficient way poss,, with no come-backs..

and you pull them right up through the top of the head ?? i will have to look tomorrow when i go over there. im changing them allanyway so i assume its prob better to pull intake when you do them all

They come out thru the large gap under the holes that the push rods come thru, you can get at all of them.

Well well well now I know. And in the words if GI Joe knowing is half the battle.

-
Back