Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
I love the build pix, is that a customers rig or are you dressing up one of yours? What are going with for barrel and bushing?

This is just for me and family. Had new parts laying around. Will be dedicated 22 for a Kimber upper conversion kit I found. Want to start the granddaughter so I set it for a removable blind hole drop pin under the grip panel to pin the grip safety until her hands grow. The old Pachmyer thumb shield since the way I should my high thumb will stop a rimfire slide.

Not only, I'd like some nice target .22 automatics.

I picked up a S&W Victory 22 Target model, it's a tack driver, soft shooting and very accurate. Also works great with a suppressor on the end. There isn't enough moving mass to have issues like I do with other suppressed semi auto 22's where the whole slide moves.

EDC....for those whom haven't seen the Black Rifle Coffee EDC. Too funny not to share..

This is just for me and family. Had new parts laying around. Will be dedicated 22 for a Kimber upper conversion kit I found. Want to start the granddaughter so I set it for a removable blind hole drop pin under the grip panel to pin the grip safety until her hands grow. The old Pachmyer thumb shield since the way I should my high thumb will stop a rimfire slide.
The blind pin under grip panel is just a super great way for small handed folks to get around. Looks like you certainly have the equipment to pull it off. I have a mill lathe combo that I use for small stuff but it takes me about an hour to do anything a reasonably decently skilled machinists could do in ten! Auto feed scares the crap out of me! That kind of no skill!

I picked up a S&W Victory 22 Target model, it's a tack driver, soft shooting and very accurate. Also works great with a suppressor on the end. There isn't enough moving mass to have issues like I do with other suppressed semi auto 22's where the whole slide moves.
Those are just great pistols, the majority of folks in our rimfire target league rock them. The platform is successful enough it has generated a great secondary market for attachments and upgrades.

Out here in the sticks of northeast Arkansas when working and the wife is home it was a must to always have a good 4 legged friend, I never let my friends out of my yard, and my friends never let other animals in that was running stray around here, we walked our perimeter daily as a pup, and I would fire my side arm every now and then as we did.
When I go somewhere for a tournament (pool shooting or a car show my friend stuck to my wife like glue until I got home, the he would never leave my side.
I miss my buddy, yes, his name was Buddy and we took great care of what he was feed and groomed.

Thank you Buddy for the 15 years of service.

View attachment 1715893971

View attachment 1715893972

View attachment 1715893973

View attachment 1715893974

15 years is well past the expected life span of a boxer

Consider yourself lucky

Youtube channels?

What do you watch?

In order of favorites for me it is.

1. Collin Noir
2. Kentucky Ballistics (put a thumb in it!)
3. Forgotten weapons
4. Demo ranch
5. Hickock 45
6 brandon Herria
7. Grandthumb

And a shout out to the old FPS Russia!

:)

So what are some of your favorites?

Next up is a Yugoslavia mauser m48 that I saved from another "amateur gunsmith" that total jacked it up. I had to rebarrel it because they had cut it down to like 16 inches, had to weld the holes from a botched drill and tap job and re drill and tap replace and fit a new bolt because they welded the handle on without protecting the lugs and they had softened. The even cut one of the three lugs off for whatever reason. I replaced the stock with a current m48 stock the one on it was a total loss. I then reblued the whole gun and topped it with a bushnell banner scope. Im gonna upgrade it to a burris eventually. It turned out really nice and is one of my favorite guns to shoot now. I did ad a recoil pad to the original style stock.

View attachment 1715893791

View attachment 1715893792

View attachment 1715893793

View attachment 1715893794
Youtube channels?

What do you watch?

In order of favorites for me it is.

1. Collin Noir
2. Kentucky Ballistics
3. Forgotten weapons
4. Demo ranch
5. Hickock 45
6 brandon Herria
7. Grandthumb

And a shout out to the old FPS Russia!

:)

So what are some of your favorites?
All good channels. Forgotten weapons is binge material!

All good channels. Forgotten weapons is binge material!

I must admit, I watch forgoton weapons more than the others lately.
I listed Collin as #1 because I think he dose the most good for 2A.

Kentucky Ballistics and me were in the hospital at the same time for a long time so I got real attached to his videos as we both lay in bed all fucked up. Watching him come back from the brink of death helped me stay focused on staying strong and staying alive. So he has a special place in my heart.

Wow buddy was beautiful. I have to say boxers are the most affectionate and glued to the hip breed ive ever had. My boxer won't leave my side even when im working on my car he has to lay right on top of me.

View attachment 1715893979

View attachment 1715893980

Beuityful! They follow because they do care about our safety and needs our attention. Great people skills, they know an *** hole person and anyone scared of them, Buddy would let 7 out of ten people pet him, was not mean he just wouldn't let them get close.

15 years is well past the expected life span of a boxer

Consider yourself lucky
yes, I agree, you watched Buddy grow up threw the years, and I never ever feed him any wheat in his diet, they should never have any, they don't do heat or cold weather, I never let him suffer threw that .

The blind pin under grip panel is just a super great way for small handed folks to get around. Looks like you certainly have the equipment to pull it off. I have a mill lathe combo that I use for small stuff but it takes me about an hour to do anything a reasonably decently skilled machinists could do in ten! Auto feed scares the crap out of me! That kind of no skill!
Ok, I'm not totally ignorant about guns but what is this blind pin stuff.

I like guns.. Here is me running a mag thru an M14.

Short answer it is simply a pin underneath the grip panel on a 1911 that in essence replicates the grip safety being engaged. A lot of folks with small hands like the feature as their grip or hand size if you will makes engaging the grip safety on a 1911 difficult. Back in the day many competitive shooters would also utilize the pin just in case they got a poor grip on a speed draw or recoil type incident. The pin is hidden under the grip panel so there is no witness mark that it has been pinned.

if I may, since it was my pic. Pinning a grip safety on a 1911 was popular years ago because Cooper said it was worthless and should be deactivated. There are several ways to deactivate it and one is pinning.

There are a few ways to pin it as well. I have done a few different things. In This sample an EGW (thick walls at the hump) grip safety was fitted. Then compressed against the internal frame stop location with the mainspring housing in place and mounted to the rotary table. After measurements, a hole was drilled through the frame and three quarters depth into the grip safety (a blind hole). Then a slip fit piece of drill rod is cut to length so that the grip safety can be locked into the deactivated position. The grip panel then holds this pin in place. Simply remove grip panel and drop out pin to restore the function of the grip safety.

if I may, since it was my pic. Pinning a grip safety on a 1911 was popular years ago because Cooper said it was worthless and should be deactivated. There are several ways to deactivate it and one is pinning.

There are a few ways to pin it as well. I have done a few different things. In This sample an EGW (thick walls at the hump) grip safety was fitted. Then compressed against the internal frame stop location with the mainspring housing in place and mounted to the rotary table. After measurements, a hole was drilled through the frame and three quarters depth into the grip safety (a blind hole). Then a slip fit piece of drill rod is cut to length so that the grip safety can be locked into the deactivated position. The grip panel then holds this pin in place. Simply remove grip panel and drop out pin to restore the function of the grip safety.
That answer right there is a perfect example of why and how this thread got started! Thanks Mike240! From European hunting rifles to modifications of a 1911 you guys got it covered!

200306120353-01-homefront-burn-pits-super-169.jpg

Not me.
Not my dog.

I would love to watch you guys work.

I love tooling and wish I had payed more attention to that stuff.

What I think of as perfect is so far from what you guys do... what do your cars look like?

Gezum crow....

Last edited:
-
Back