Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
At my moms place settling her estate, found 3 knives stashed. We never knew she had them. First is a Leechlake, second is a Puma-Bowie, 3rd is something I’ve never seen before and not of good quality. The pumA-Bowie is heavy with cold riveted deer antler grips.

View attachment 1716076254

View attachment 1716076255

View attachment 1716076256
That second one looks awesome

I'm afraid all the knives we will find when clearing out my parents estate will be knives they took away from me as a child

In fact, when I moved away my buddy (whose dad had died a few years earlier) kinda took my place and he is good buddies with my dad now

So good that my dad give him a break barrel BB pistol he had confiscated from me as a teen

My boy was quote disappointed when he heard that...I think he felt he should have had first rights to it

That second knife looks real nice.
As far as the savage 110s being a Lefty savages are usually what I own as they are the most common to find in left hand actions. I have a 270 win that's a first year production is for the left hand action mid 60s is a absolute tack driver and nice wood. The 6.5-55 swede I assembled was a late 80s kinda nasty fake walnut stock in 7mm rem mag thing kicked horrible so no loss modifying it. Wanted to originally do a 6.5-300 wetherby change but after checking brass price and barrel life I opted to change the bolt face and go with the Swede maybe on the next build I will do the weatherby even though it's not really needed here in southern Michigan but hey the flatter the caliber the more you only need to play the wind

First too look decent but that third one is what I refer to as mall ninja material.
3rd knife is a piece of junk, sharp some ***** though. Just funny to fine them in a 93 year mostly blind woman s house. Nether of us had any idea.

At my moms place settling her estate, found 3 knives stashed. We never knew she had them. First is a Leechlake, second is a Puma-Bowie, 3rd is something I’ve never seen before and not of good quality. The pumA-Bowie is heavy with cold riveted deer antler grips.

View attachment 1716076254

View attachment 1716076255

View attachment 1716076256
Leech Lake is from Minnesota. Do some research they are quite popular as being very high grade material and well made. They are highly sought after in that part of the world.

Patterned the turkey guns tonight. These TSS shells just made me a believer. Both shots at 35 yards through a 20 gauge.

1E174B96-21F0-4FDD-A0EC-4A4E8CBA3515.jpeg

EC05F3E4-584E-4765-A59C-415B900F9C29.jpeg

Did I need it???? No.
Did I want it? Not till a few weeks ago. I fell in love with my Taurus TX 22 when I bought it a month ago and took it to the range twice. Well someone recommended I join the Taurus facebook group and all these guys love the Taurus GX4 9mm so when I saw it on sale today I said what the heck. Heck it’s only money right???

3672071C-40F0-46C5-A075-8B058E0E23B4.jpeg

Did I need it???? No.
Did I want it? Not till a few weeks ago. I fell in love with my Taurus TX 22 when I bought it a month ago and took it to the range twice. Well someone recommended I join the Taurus facebook group and all these guys love the Taurus GX4 9mm so when I saw it on sale today I said what the heck. Heck it’s only money right???

View attachment 1716077170
Heck yes John, ya can’t take it with ya and it leave’s kinfolk something to fight over when we are gone!

Heck yes John, ya can’t take it with ya and it leave’s kinfolk something to fight over when we are gone!

A few things happened on the home front last year that made me decide if I want something I’m buying it. They can have what’s left.

Last edited:
A few thinks happened on the home front last year that made me decide if I want something I’m buying it. They can have what’s left.
I had the same realization last year, which is why I no longer worry about so much stuff. Live every day like it is your last. Eat and drink like a pirate! Biscuits and gravy with fried eggs kinda celebration!

Did I need it???? No.

View attachment 1716077170
TX22 is one of the most fun 22’s I’ve shot. I plan on getting one to run a suppressor with.

As far as the 9mm goes, should be a fun range toy but i would be lying if I said I would feel good about it laying on my night stand.

I had the same realization last year, which is why I no longer worry about so much stuff. Live every day like it is your last. Eat and drink like a pirate! Biscuits and gravy with fried eggs kinda celebration!
Like I heard someone say the other day "now is a great time to start putting gravy on your salad"

Of course how sad is it that my idea of living large and being carefree and reckless equates to eating biscuits and gravy? Holy smokes how did this happen?

We get old and realize we aren’t invincible and would rather not die. I did incredibly stupid things as a kid. If we were on the highway we were going 100 mph. We would pass people on the shoulder going 100 mph. If there was a broke down car then all four of us would be dead. Lost a buddy when I was 23 to a motorcycle accident and those few hours of dealing with the accident report and watching the police tell his mom her son was dead straightened me right out.

Of course how sad is it that my idea of living large and being carefree and reckless equates to eating biscuits and gravy? Holy smokes how did this happen?
No man, biscuits and gravy is always good, but salad and gravy, well, that's just special
(The point is to stop trying to be healthy and enjoy life)

I don't know, I love good biscuits and gravy about as much as anything else in the food world, and you can spend all the cash you save for more powder and primers.

No man, biscuits and gravy is always good, but salad and gravy, well, that's just special
(The point is to stop trying to be healthy and enjoy life)
Especially nowadays.....when every good thing in life is being taken from Americans. Enjoy all, as it's gonna be gone.

I don't know, I love good biscuits and gravy about as much as anything else in the food world, and you can spend all the cash you save for more powder and primers.
As separated as Americans are, people won't have a chance as individuals. Organize with like-minded people. Educate the ignorant, and steer clear of the purposely stupid.

Speaking of American made spurred me to look for news on Goex blackpowder (retail)
If anyone has more recent news, please share.

Speaking of American made spurred me to look for news on Goex blackpowder (retail)
If anyone has more recent news, please share.
[/URL]

I was the black powder buyer for my reenactment company... I bought powder in about 100 to 150 pound increments. In 2021 it was getting difficult to find 3f ... Swiss stuff was too expensive and the scrapple crap fouled the muskets so bad I refused to buy it. I do hope they up production. I keep a few pounds around as backup

-
Back