Hand painting question

-

zigs

Reaction score
I have been repainting my instrument bezels . I'm finished with everything except the raised lettering.what is a good way to hand paint the letters without paint bleeding. Has anyone done this ?

I did mine with a #00 brush and some flat white paint.

Attachments

• DSC00014 (Custom).JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC00013 (Custom).JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 160
  • DSC00017 (Custom).JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 171
what i did on a bezel was i took a soda bottle cap, sprayed the white in it, then took a toothpick, dipped it in it, and took my time, as you need to go slow, and have a lot of patience. a friend of mine will take one of those nitrastane black squeeges, ans cut it to fit the area that he needs to paint the raised letters, ans sprays paint to the whole surface of it, and then carefully sets it on the raised letter area, and waits like 30 seconds, lifts up and they look great once he removes the squeegie. so, there are alot of different ways people do them

Homecloned, what paint did you use for your silver/chrome? It looks very nice....

A tiny brush or a foam wedge brush may work well. Maybe the mrs has a makeup wedge to spare?? haha

Attachments

• wedges.jpeg
    9.8 KB · Views: 150
They also sell the metallic sharpies. I haven't tried them myself, but will when I get the chance.

Grant

Thanks for the input. i like the make up wedge idea, i tried a small brush and thought i had it dry enough and it still bled. You did a good job on your dash Homecloned. I hope mine turns out that nice.

I think Testors has paint pens still, they work well.
Or maybe a very tiny roller with a very small amount of paint on it.

I have used a small brush and a steady hand, or paint it white in that area first, then spry on the black and wipe the letters off quick.

I ended up using a tooth pick. Works pretty well. When I'm finished I'll post pictures good or bad.

-
Back