Happy Birthday to AdamR

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Adam. We hope you have a good one. You have been around here since the beginning and thanks much for that. tmm

Happy Birtheday Adam... :eek:ccasion: :icescrea:

I haven't seen you hanging around like you used to be...

Have a great birthday...

Thanks guys. Haven't had much time to stop in. Lots of changes in the last year. Shut my business down, had to leave my band and got divorced. It's been a stressful year but I'm hanging in there and doing better.

Thanks guys. Haven't had much time to stop in. Lots of changes in the last year. Shut my business down, had to leave my band and got divorced. It's been a stressful year but I'm hanging in there and doing better.

Stop on in for some therapy anytime Adam.

Man, that's rough... I feel for you...

I've been through a divorce also and it can be hard... Hit me up if you need to talk...

Don't worry, there's light at the end of the tunnel once you are free.... You just have to hang in there and get over that bump.... :violent1:

Just worry about you and the kids, screw that beyotch... :finga:

Remember to try not to trash talk the ex in front of the kids. Keep it neutral in front of them. If you have to argue, go to another room or try to do it when the kids aren't around... And the times when she gets on your nerves, exercise your right to turn away from her and walk away... Take a break to cool off, then try to discuss it later as adults after you calm down...

Don't try to keep the kids from their mom, they need BOTH of you and it's not their fault that you're getting divorced. Let them spend their time with mom, and make sure that you get your fare share of time with them also. They will come to understand what's going on, and will respect you more if you keep them out of it and don't try to influence their opinion of mom negatively - they are smarter than you may give them credit for... Putting the kids in middle of the fighting will just harm them mentally and cause problems later... They are going through enough having to deal with the divorce also, try not to make it worse on them...

Keep in mind that the kids love both their mom and dad and need the love back from both mom and dad to get through the divorce...

If you feel overwhelmed sometime and need to get out for a night, take them to your parents (grandma and grandpa) so you can have some "me" time and de-stress... Your family is there to help and support you, take advantage of that resource when needed...

I never thought it would be true, but my ex and I get along better now, than when we were married (I'm the type that holds grudges). In the end when you look back, you forgive whatever led to the divorce and can maintain a friend relationship. I encourage my ex to visit the kids and we still can go out for a meal together. The kids will really appreciate going out together "as a family" even after the divorce if everybody can get along...

Both of you still have to raise the kids, so it's good if you can get along and talk through any problems that the kids may be having so you can help them. You have to be able to get along to keep the kid's best interest in mind. As parents you both need to help them work through this and look out for them first before yourselves...

I've been on both sides of divorce. My parents divorced when I was in Jr. high, so I know what it's like for them. I try to not do some of the mistakes that my parents did, which after discussing it with my mom many years later, could have been worked out if we just would have spoken up and let them know how we felt. Hindsight is 20/20...

Take care, and come around more, we miss you...

Our kids live with me and Michelle is welcome to see them anytime she wants.
We get along well most if the time.

Sorry to read this Adam, best wishes and luck to you and future endeavors.
But above all, for now, enjoy the birthday day and today.

I will. Got a new little women in my life so I'm feeling pretty good !

Wow man, sounds like a lot to go through. HBD though!

Miss havin' ya around here, maybe stop in a little more? Cars are good therapy.

-
Back