Harmonic Balancers

Mopar Performance Issues

1. QuickDart360

QuickDart360 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:20 AM
    I purchased a power bond balancer from autozone for about 200 + and is made in Australia. Looks very similiar to a stock 360 balancer but has a large clip snap ring type lock to prevent outer ring coming off! Also sfi approved looks sweet!

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • TheGrateRonzini

TheGrateRonzini FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      5:20 AM
      I have a summit SFI balancer on the 318/390 stroker. It was reasonable, but chinese. Inside too close to raised timing letters, but not hanging up close, but too close for comfort. Pulleys didn’t line up worth a shit. Ac no ps crank pulley, single water pump pulley with a .5” spacer behind it. from a 400 and squareback alt with custom bracket. I have an ATI super damper for the 440, about 3x the price of the summit one, hopefully it justifies it’s cost

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
      • justinp61

justinp61 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        I ran one that was made in Australia on my 408, my 434 runs a Innovators West damper.

• pishta

pishta I know I'm right....

Local Time:
        2:20 AM
        I have a CAT fluid style. Thing is a tank. must weigh 50% more than a stocker but its chrome! :) it worked with my 340 but the alignment is fubar, and fit is tight, like heat it up to install it tight. I understand it has to be to fully absorb the frequencies its designed to supress. I ended up using the outside pulley of a double pulley alternator and shimming the water pump pulley out 1/4 inch. The newer ones have a recessed pulley mount. MY original FluiDamper (real one) had the same alignment problems...that was while ago. Im thinking the dynamic style (rattler, fluid, floating inertia ring) is more suited for endurance racing and it trickled down to street.

• MobileCustoms

MobileCustoms Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        I just installed a new Trick Flow #19010 sfi balancer on my 340 stroker and it made a very noticeable difference over the stock balancer. Much smoother now, especially at the higher RPM range when cruising with my 373 gear ratio.
        The fit was very tight and the stock pulleys all lined up great. Money well-spent ($175.00)

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
        • gzig5

gzig5 FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
          Are the timing marks etched into the steel or printed on top of the black coating?

• MobileCustoms

MobileCustoms Well-Known Member

Local Time:
          I think they are probably printed, which kinda sucks. I took a strip of clear automotive vinyl laminate and laid it over the circumference of the balancer, to protect the markings. You could also apply some timing tape to it right away, as an alternative. That's the only downside of this balancer. But the price is very reasonable, compared to others.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
          • gzig5

gzig5 FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
            My thought was to add timing tape. The picture shows the markings on the front side of the balancer, away from the reference on the timing cover. I hate that.

• Like Like x 1
            1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
              By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.