Has anyone replaced a Duster Quarter panel?

-

71Demon

Reaction score
I am needing to replace the quarter panel on my 71 Duster. Has anyone done one before? Any tips? I am debating on using the full factory style quarter or doing just the skin. Is the factory style easier to put on? Does anyone have pics of a install process? Any help would be appreciated.

I've done a skin and most of a sail panel. If you had access to a factory quarter it would be easier and better. On the other hand, I would do neither if patches are an option.

Get the replacement panel from AMD .... The cheap skins are not that great... I bought the skin and just used the part of it that I needed....I have pics if you want...

I actually just started doing my first Valiant skins. It would have been fairly easy except I found some hidden treasures that also needed my attention. All in all once the panel is pre-fitted and traced its fairly simple

Get the replacement panel from AMD .... The cheap skins are not that great... I bought the skin and just used the part of it that I needed....I have pics if you want...

X2
The goodmark/china skins don't have very sharp/defined body lines that will need attention if you want them to look factory.

ive done alot of mopar quarters and patchpanels. if the rot is contained on the bottom of the quarters patch them! if this is not possible purchase quarters from amd or goodmark they are the best period ! make sure your door and decklid are properly aligned with the original quarter(have your hinges rebuilt if needed as this has alot to do with how everything fits) once you have everything lined up start drilling your spotwelds and remove old quarter which will also show any underlying problems repair as needed .your gonna need to grind lead out from sail panel and rocker to expose welds rear window also if your doing a full quarter has to come out .when you fit the new quarter and begin welding make sure you keep checking your fit on door and trunk to quarter as metal shifts as its heated and cooled if you have any more questions feel free to contact me

Thanks for the tips. I wouldn't have thought of having the door and decklid hung for fit but it sure makes good sense.

-
Back