? Has anyone used amc lifters push rod oiling ect .

-

Demon540

Reaction score
I have a 71 360 block with aftermarket caps and made it a 408. I bushed the lifter bores and drill .35 hole in them. I am going to use Indy heads full port ect. They are blocked off using stock oiling. So I need to push rod oil or ? was wondering if I can use amc lifters to oil the pushrods? Also think I am using a solid cam. Or possible a hydraulic roller. I am using t&d rockers. Any help would be good. Want to make 600 + hp and drive it alot. Pump gas 10.7 heads flow 325. Indy intake. any help would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummm, all Magnums use roller tappets?

I use AMC Lifters in my Stage V Hemi conversion without any problems at all. The conversion needs the rockers oiled through the push rods because there is not oil hole from the block to the head to feed the rockers and there are two drain back tubes in the back of the engine for oil return to the pan

Last edited:
I'd make sure the .035 hole is enough to feed the rockers, but hydraulic roller lifters feeding the rockers is easy easy.

No, because AMC lifters are routinely used in place of MoPar lifters in most after market cam and lifter kits.
Most people miss this when they are building there engines. They never know!
(Enter a thumbs up here ---> ... & that guy--> :) )

If I were the OP, I would call T&D and doublecheck everything on the oiling. I wold expect it all to be fine but with that level of $$, don't leave anything to chance.

-
Back