has anyone used the abs headliner for 72-76?????????????????????????????????????????

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
if you have used the abs headliner, please tell me how it looks compared to factory, how well it fit, quality of product, and how is it holding up so far.........

thank you

When I got into the young guns section of mopar muscle mag I was sponsored by year one and got a $250.00 certificate to use with them.

I decided to use it on one of there abs headliners for my 72 duster.

I have not installed it yet but it looks great, nice quality looking peice, I got the one covered in black perforated vinyl.

all the holes come precut in the abs plastic but you have to cut X's in the vinyl itself ( I think they do it that way just in case some people might not want to reinstall seat belts/visors/dome light and so on).

looks good though if you decide to get one through year one I can vouch that its a nice looking product.

HOWEVER be carefull.....when I went to order mine, the internet showed the price for the headliner was $249.99 BUT my newest year one A-body catalog showed the price was $199.99 so when I ordered it I had to give them the catalog number to prove that it was the newest issue of the catalog and they changed the price to reflect what the catalog said.

with shipping cost....it was a total of $246.99 I believe and it took about a month to show up because it was on back order and it was made to my specifications.

just for reference incase you do decide to order through them, the newest catalog number is # R1111 .

and the ordering info is kind of confusing...you need to make sure you don't order just a bare piece of white ABS plastic ( it costs no extra to have it covered with material)....

here is the break down of my part number HB726 is the headliner part number , BLK is for black , V is for Vinyl .....so my part number in the end was HB726BLKV meaning 72-76 duster,demon,dartsport black vinyl headliner.

the part number would very from color/material lets say you wanted dark green cloth, it would be...... HB726DKGC ( 72-76 duster,demon,dartsport dark green cloth headliner.

also in the cloth....they have a foam backed option but only for BLACK, DARK BLUE and SADDLE colors.

also, I believe year one does 20% discounts on online purchases! and my catalog mentions nothing of this particular headliner from being discount exempt ....so you should be able to score a good deal on it!.

sorry for the long post, just trying to give you as much info as possible, if you need and help or have any questions just let me know....I have a 2" thick Year one A-body catalog sitting right in front of me.

did you buy the sail panels too? do they have them?

i just tried to order it, by your catolog # and i cannot get it to give me the discount. id would buy it for the 199.00 but i really hate to spend 249.00 any help 72?

i just tried to order it, by your catolog # and i cannot get it to give me the discount. id would buy it for the 199.00 but i really hate to spend 249.00 any help 72?

no I did not order the sail panels.

thats one of the few interior parts year one does not offer ( not in the catalog anyhow).

as for them not wanting to give it to you for the $199.00 price thats in the catalog.....its probably just a matter of getting the right person on the phone willing to work with you.

they are suppose to honor the price in the catalog considering that it is the new catalog that SHOULD have the most up to date prices.

which is why they gave it to me for the catalog price.

I believe Kevin King (president of year one) has his personal business phone number available and takes calls personally and if it came down to it I am sure he would get it worked out for you .....he is a great guy from what I have seen.

try calling them again and speaking to someone else and tell them you have the recent catalog and that the price says $199.99 ......they didnt give me any hassle over it when I got mine.

Good luck!

Kevin Kings number should be 1-800-932-7663 extension 5160 if you want to personally give him a call ,or you can email him at [email protected]

he seems to be the type of person that likes to make his customers happy and will do what he can to make a sale work and he also like hearing feedback on his employees and how you were treated when speaking with them.

hope that helps ya

i have tried over and over to order it, as they are having some sale till midnight today that is called "web-day", and is 20% off. that would be great. so i emailed the guy listed above, and told him that i tried to order during the sale, but hopefully he can still give it to me for that price in the morning

i have tried over and over to order it, as they are having some sale till midnight today that is called "web-day", and is 20% off. that would be great. so i emailed the guy listed above, and told him that i tried to order during the sale, but hopefully he can still give it to me for that price in the morning

I believe the webday sale is every weekend now..... so at worste you could wait until next weekend.

also , every month year one sends out a 20% discount code on a postcard in the mail to everyone who is listed on there mailing list.

but I think the codes normally only are valid for 2 weeks and being that its the 17th now, whatever code was issued this month might not be valid now.

I am sure if you explain to kevin the situation and that you tried making the purchase today so you could get in on the savings.....that he will make it right with you.

best of luck on getting it figured out and be sure to keep us all up to date

and in case you didnt know ,the promo code used for 20% off on the weekends is " weekend " oddly enough lol....pretty sure I got an email from yearone telling me that this sale was going to be an every weekend thing so there should be another next week.

if worse comes to worse I can still get you atleast a 15% discount .....just use the promo code " moparts " and another 15% code is " nasty15 "

installed the year one abs headliner in the summer...fits perfect and is easy to install. I had to order sail panels from legendary though.

any news?

did you get in contact with anyone and get the price straightened out?

hope you got ahold of someone that was willing to work with you and get the situation straightened out.....keep us up to date buddy!

just want to thank you guys. i talked to kevin this morning. he gave it to me for the catalog price of 199.00 and even on top iof that, he stood by the additional 20% off deal. so i got it for 160.00 and then 40 for the shipping. that is great. i saved 100.00 in these hard economical times.
he said that even though it was in the catolog, because it is custom made every time, the price changes daily on them, and when his supplier raises the price, he has to too, but since it was my first order through them, he did me the favor.

dustdude, you are the man!

just want to thank you guys. i talked to kevin this morning. he gave it to me for the catalog price of 199.00 and even on top iof that, he stood by the additional 20% off deal. so i got it for 160.00 and then 40 for the shipping. that is great. i saved 100.00 in these hard economical times.
he said that even though it was in the catolog, because it is custom made every time, the price changes daily on them, and when his supplier raises the price, he has to too, but since it was my first order through them, he did me the favor.

dustdude, you are the man!

AWESOME!!!!!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

I am glad I was able to help you save $100.00 !!!

I figured of all people that Kevin would probably be pretty stand up about it and work it out with you.....I don't personally know him but I have talked with him a few times after being the young guns in mopar muscle mag.... and he just came across as a good guy to deal with.

thats even cheaper than I paid for mine including shipping! lol:banghead: . I used a gift certificate so I was not able to use the 20% discount code.

thats awesome buddy, glad to hear you saved some bucks and got what you wanted.

be sure to post pictures of the install so I know what Im looking at getting my self into when I got to install mine LOL

AWESOME!!!!!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

I am glad I was able to help you save $100.00 !!!

I figured of all people that Kevin would probably be pretty stand up about it and work it out with you.....I don't personally know him but I have talked with him a few times after being the young guns in mopar muscle mag.... and he just came across as a good guy to deal with.

thats even cheaper than I paid for mine including shipping! lol:banghead: . I used a gift certificate so I was not able to use the 20% discount code.

thats awesome buddy, glad to hear you saved some bucks and got what you wanted.

be sure to post pictures of the install so I know what Im looking at getting my self into when I got to install mine LOL

you know how they say" what goes around, comes around?" lol i am a firm believar of it in life

hi
just wanted to know how the ABS headliner fit along the top part of the front & rear windshield? only the gasket with no trim along that area thats if you had the cardboard type headliner, 73 & up cardboard fits under the rubber i believe that would be a trouble area for the cardboard type install.what year is your car 340PLOT good luck with your install and hope you leave some feed back once you get it installed. thxs

hi
just wanted to know how the ABS headliner fit along the top part of the front & rear windshield? only the gasket with no trim along that area thats if you had the cardboard type headliner, 73 & up cardboard fits under the rubber i believe that would be a trouble area for the cardboard type install.what year is your car 340PLOT good luck with your install and hope you leave some feed back once you get it installed. thxs

My 72 duster the factory headliner ( one piece ) tucked under the front and rear glass rubber gasket.

I think you may be thinking of earlier ones? .....70-71 dusters,demons and so on used headliner bows that held the material in place.....and some time in 72 they switched over to the one piece card board liners which were held in place by the front and rear glass gaskets,sun visors,dome light and seat belt mounting and the metal trim that ran along the interior roof rail aswell at the metal interior sail panels.

it looks like it will be a pretty basic install ( just judging from the looks of it, have not installed mine yet).

I have the abs headliner in my 72 Duster. I removed the windshield to get it in.

Hello
do you have to remove either windshield to install the headliner??
thank you
George

not as far as i know of.....I think the older bows set up I remember see people talk of having to remove the windshield but I don't think that it needs to be removed....you should be able to fold the gasket down far enough to slip the headliner in place.

either way, my windshield is already out so i guess i wont have to worry about that lol

-
Back