Having a problem after shipping a part

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Send him $75 in loose pennies. That way you have the satisfaction of paying him the money but he has the aggravation of counting it and rolling it up. Plus the banks in the states aren't generally real keen on that much canadian coin.

This guy doesn`t even know his own address? :scratch:

doesnt that seem odd?? that the guy would give you the wrong address?

I mean, who doesnt know their address? I know mine! I know i never gave ANYONE an incorrect address when i was ASKING THEM to ship something to me.

I think you got the address written down wrong. i cant see any way possible for someone to GIVE YOU their address incorrectly. just doesnt happen.

doesnt that seem odd?? that the guy would give you the wrong address?

I mean, who doesnt know their address? I know mine! I know i never gave ANYONE an incorrect address when i was ASKING THEM to ship something to me.

I think you got the address written down wrong. i cant see any way possible for someone to GIVE YOU their address incorrectly. just doesnt happen.
Excuse me!If you had read the whole thread you would see that he,s given me 3 different Zip codes and a address of Indianapolis IN,then changed to Carmel,IN.?Read before making assumptions.Thanks(Hmm?Out of all the members,your on the defence?I,m very curious as to why?)and a new member with 3 posts?

Add up all of the time you have spent with this issue. Figure up an hourly rate. then deduct it from his refund along with his shipping. It is your absolute right to do this. You are spending time on HIS mistake, not yours.

Either way, I wouldnt give in to this guy even the tiniest bit. The more of a jerk he is, the more I would be adamant about not giving him a full refund.

Excuse me!If you had read the whole thread you would see that he,s given me 3 different Zip codes and a address of Indianapolis IN,then changed to Carmel,IN.?Read before making assumptions.Thanks(Hmm?Out of all the members,your on the defence?I,m very curious as to why?)and a new member with 3 posts?
he came on to another forum and posted his side. and his side taken along with your side makes his side look more legit. I think you screwed up the address and are making him take the fall.

I cant see how a guy living at the same address for FIVE YEARS is going to give you a WRONG ADDRESS. he said he sent you PROFF of the EMAILS that show the SAME CORRECT address but you say you used the first address that you got in CHAT that cant be backed up.

So it LOOKS like you wrote it down wrong. In any event he said the following

"A member with a high post count responds, you come to a deal, and you send him a MO, with your shipping address, as the return address on the envelope, and on the USPS money order.

Guy sends you a tracking number, you track it, and see that it says its going to the wrong zip code.

You email the guy, his response is "patience".

Then says he cannot remember what address he sent it too, and he'll get back to you.

Couple days later he says he shipped it to such and such address, your name is misspelled, and the town is wrong, and the zip code had some numbers switched around.

You answer his email, and tell him about it, and for the 5th time give him your address, and ask him to please contact the shipper, and see if he can fix it.

At the same time you call the shipper, and they inform you that it is being sent back to the shipper because of a bad address, and that the shipper will have to call in, or reship the item to the proper address.

You email the guy, he says when it gets back he'll ship it back out.

2 more weeks go by, and the shipping company cannot locate the box, and that the original shipper will have to file a trace.

You email the guy, he says he can't find the tracking number, and will have to look for the receipt in his truck. You forward the tracking number and your address again.

Another week goes by, and you email him asking what is up. A day or so later, he emails back saying the box showed up on his door step, but he's not going to ship it back with out you sending an additional $25 bucks to ship it again, because he claims you gave him the wrong address, and that he gave you such a good deal on the item in the first place.

Now, you have proof that you sent him the correct address 3 times before he even shipped the item. Yet he refuses to admit fault what so ever. So you ask for a refund, and he now wants to deduct the original shipping for the item he sent to the wrong address. "

and then

"His claim was he recieved the address in a pvt in chat.

He cannot produce any record except what he wrote down, or goes off memory.

Because what he is saying is that I told him the wrong name, city and zip.

I'll have to look at the other site and see what is being said, I am sure they are taking it to childish level.

I told him I was not going to pay out more money as I was already out the initial money he agreed to, and have nothing, and got nothing but the run around, and he's tried bullying me into saying I sent the wrong address.

I asked him for proof, and all he says is "thats what you sent me"

I sent it in a email, the zip was sent for a intitial shipping quote.

It was also on the Money order and return address on the envelope I sent him the MO in.

Is it not reasonable to check the address's before you ship something?

Is it not reasonable to respond to a buyers request to call on the package, when they say "hey, why is this heading to the wrong city?"

He transposed 2 numbers in the zip, and it sent it 3 hours north of me. The post office then sent it to another zip.

All he had to do was get the zip right, and it would have made it to me, with the wrong city, wrong name. I gave him the +4 zip.

I don't think I am out of line, this has been going on for almost 3 months. "

and then

"I am sure you are fond of the site, and well to each their own, my experience with the site was mixed. But the dealings with the childish moderation both public and private left me jaded.

The responses from the members of the other site speak for itself.

I will say this, that I have not had one single problem with this site, or the moderation.

I have kept in touch with Scott, the person selling the part, he's not contacted me in 2 days, yet he continues to post on "the other site" Has even claimed he would email me yesterday, with pics, yet has not.

CX 265 782 911 CA is the original tracking number. It can be tracked on Canada posts website, along with USPS, this is a fact neither can modify.

my zip code is 46082 (Carmel, IN) for over 5 years now. (Carmel is a suburb adjacent to Indy on the north side)

He claims I gave him was Indianapolis, in 46802 (actually a zip code for Ft Wayne, IN) He also claims I misspelled my own first name.

The tracking says it went to 46206 (Indianapolis)

I've also been informed of a new scam, ship a envelope using the post office, as they don't record the weight of the item for public use, ship it to the wrong address, then offer to refund the money minus the shipping, and pocketing the difference. Making it extremely hard to prove any fraud.

Do I think he did this? No. Do I think he wrote my information down wrong? Yes.

Do I think he's going to admit his mistake and man up? No.

So I don't get the shifter he agreed to sell me, and after the mishap he agreed to ship back no charge to my correct address. (I have the email on the 1/9/2010) I don't even get all my money back. Does he take in to account I had to pay for the MO I sent him, the stamp to send it? No. Not to mention the time my car/son have been waiting on it to arrive.

Screwing someone out of money, and parts to save face does not = a stand up guy at all. "

now it says i need a mod to approve my posts? why is that? too long?

this was his posts on another forum i read (these are HIS posts I copied and pasted):

A member with a high post count responds, you come to a deal, and you send him a MO, with your shipping address, as the return address on the envelope, and on the USPS money order.

Guy sends you a tracking number, you track it, and see that it says its going to the wrong zip code.

You email the guy, his response is "patience".

Then says he cannot remember what address he sent it too, and he'll get back to you.

Couple days later he says he shipped it to such and such address, your name is misspelled, and the town is wrong, and the zip code had some numbers switched around.

You answer his email, and tell him about it, and for the 5th time give him your address, and ask him to please contact the shipper, and see if he can fix it.

At the same time you call the shipper, and they inform you that it is being sent back to the shipper because of a bad address, and that the shipper will have to call in, or reship the item to the proper address.

You email the guy, he says when it gets back he'll ship it back out.

2 more weeks go by, and the shipping company cannot locate the box, and that the original shipper will have to file a trace.

You email the guy, he says he can't find the tracking number, and will have to look for the receipt in his truck. You forward the tracking number and your address again.

Another week goes by, and you email him asking what is up. A day or so later, he emails back saying the box showed up on his door step, but he's not going to ship it back with out you sending an additional $25 bucks to ship it again, because he claims you gave him the wrong address, and that he gave you such a good deal on the item in the first place.

Now, you have proof that you sent him the correct address 3 times before he even shipped the item. Yet he refuses to admit fault what so ever. So you ask for a refund, and he now wants to deduct the original shipping for the item he sent to the wrong address.

and then:

Oh he shipped it, or something, because it went to a different town 3 hours north of me, then back to near me, and then back to him. There was a tracking number.

I've asked him time and time again for proof that I sent him the wrong address, and he says I just did.

For Example:

Say your address is:

Tom Slick
PO Box 1234
Naperville, IL 60566-1234

He says he sent it to

Tim Slick
PO Box 1234
Chicago, IL 65066-1234

and somehow you sent him that, since you don't know where you get your mail.

and:

His claim was he recieved the address in a pvt in chat.

He cannot produce any record except what he wrote down, or goes off memory.

Because what he is saying is that I told him the wrong name, city and zip.

I'll have to look at the other site and see what is being said, I am sure they are taking it to childish level.

I told him I was not going to pay out more money as I was already out the initial money he agreed to, and have nothing, and got nothing but the run around, and he's tried bullying me into saying I sent the wrong address.

I asked him for proof, and all he says is "thats what you sent me"

I sent it in a email, the zip was sent for a intitial shipping quote.

It was also on the Money order and return address on the envelope I sent him the MO in.

Is it not reasonable to check the address's before you ship something?

Is it not reasonable to respond to a buyers request to call on the package, when they say "hey, why is this heading to the wrong city?"

He transposed 2 numbers in the zip, and it sent it 3 hours north of me. The post office then sent it to another zip.

All he had to do was get the zip right, and it would have made it to me, with the wrong city, wrong name. I gave him the +4 zip.

I don't think I am out of line, this has been going on for almost 3 months.

and then

actually, all you need is the +4 zip code and even the USPS can't screw it up.

If you see the example I posted earlier, thats how he messed up.

I have not moved recently, the original zip that the "moderator" found was from when I registered in 05 or so.

As far as why I was banned on that site, the "moderator" in that post didn't agree with my views, and he couldn't discuss it like a adult in chat, So he banned me for personal reasons.

Looking around the site, seems they have plenty of issues, moderators stepping down, lots of whining, clics, so on. I tried that site for some specialized 411 on A bodies, and found drama, and lil big men stuck in central Florida. I highly discourage joining, unless you love high school politics.

Moparts was the first all MoPar site I joined, and continues to be the best site for information, and parts.

I've had members send me things before I paid them, even had someone send me a part for free, just because!

Sad thing is, the car has caught the interest of my 6yo son, and it has become our project. He's been playing in the car and wanting to shift gears, but sadly no shifter.

He asked all last month when the shifter was coming, and now I get to explain to him that it won't be coming, and why.

Quote:
Thanks for all the advise and opinions.I,m gonna send his money back,minus the shipping and the cost of the money order.I just want this gone!(going on 7 weeks)When I e-mail him,I,ll be attaching a couple photos of the the wrong address and the return No ADRESSS sticker.Thanks everyone.

Thanx Scott, that will just prove you addressed it wrong, want copies of the MO stub, and the emails I have telling you my address? asking for your help in catching the package before it got back to you?

How about some proof? Actual Proof?

BTW here is my original WTB add

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=77378

Yet another WTB, transaction was flawless, and note I posted my zip, correctly.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=82844

Just some advice on buying things. Unfortunately on this site because its set up differently, you cannot do it.

Keep it all public, as people want to go to "PM's" for a reason.

and then:

I am sure you are fond of the site, and well to each their own, my experience with the site was mixed. But the dealings with the childish moderation both public and private left me jaded.

The responses from the members of the other site speak for itself.

I will say this, that I have not had one single problem with this site, or the moderation.

I have kept in touch with Scott, the person selling the part, he's not contacted me in 2 days, yet he continues to post on "the other site" Has even claimed he would email me yesterday, with pics, yet has not.

CX 265 782 911 CA is the original tracking number. It can be tracked on Canada posts website, along with USPS, this is a fact neither can modify.

my zip code is 46082 (Carmel, IN) for over 5 years now. (Carmel is a suburb adjacent to Indy on the north side)

He claims I gave him was Indianapolis, in 46802 (actually a zip code for Ft Wayne, IN) He also claims I misspelled my own first name.

The tracking says it went to 46206 (Indianapolis)

I've also been informed of a new scam, ship a envelope using the post office, as they don't record the weight of the item for public use, ship it to the wrong address, then offer to refund the money minus the shipping, and pocketing the difference. Making it extremely hard to prove any fraud.

Do I think he did this? No. Do I think he wrote my information down wrong? Yes.

Do I think he's going to admit his mistake and man up? No.

So I don't get the shifter he agreed to sell me, and after the mishap he agreed to ship back no charge to my correct address. (I have the email on the 1/9/2010) I don't even get all my money back. Does he take in to account I had to pay for the MO I sent him, the stamp to send it? No. Not to mention the time my car/son have been waiting on it to arrive.

Screwing someone out of money, and parts to save face does not = a stand up guy at all.

so after reading all his posts. and all of these posts, I cant for the life of me explain HOW or WHY he would give you the wrong address? what would that get him? NOTHING!!

but i could EASILY see how a shipper could screw up an address when they are filling out the address on the shipping website.

So I tend to believe the buyer here and I think the seller screwed up. This is just an unbiased opinion made after looking at all the facts

Why were you suspended on FABO? That definately cost you some credibility.

Why don't you post a copy of your money order, they do have carbon copies on a postal money order don't they?

he said he was suspended from this site because of this deal....

Why don't you post a copy of your money order, they do have carbon copies on a postal money order don't they?

Every one I've ever used does. Let's see it.

If there were any discrepancies in shipping address' I would have contacted the buyer first to keep this exact thing from happening.

not that this is much of a feat, but somehow i got completely spun around and lost, time to reread the entire post again......

he said he was suspended from this site because of this deal....

I would like to see the proof from both sides. Surely there are some PMs and a carbon of the MO.

I think proof by the buyer would have been less childish than calling the authorities in Canada. That will do no good but make things worse.

Why don,t you tell the truth?You sent me a PM in Chat with your address.(which I can,t retrieve)I wrote it down,packaged the shifter.The package was ready to go,while I waited 3 weeks for your MO in the mail,Once it showed up in the mail,I sent the package out.With the address you had given me in Chat.After another 2 weeks,you E-mail me asking where it is?It,s been sent and here,s the tracking#.This is when you told me that the address was wrong.Was supposed to be Carmel,IN not Indianapolis IN.(remember?)Now which zip code?You have 3 apparently?Read the thread and explain to me if I,m wrong about YOUR 3 zip codes?Regardless,your money has been send back to you.I,m done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back