having problem

-

ron69

Reaction score
:wink: HI MY NAME RON AND THE PROBLEM I'M HAVING IS I HAVE A 1969 DART WITH A 340 ENGINE THAT WILL NOT START AT ALL TURNS OVER BUT NO SPARK VALVES MOVE GOT NEW TIMING CHAIN AND TRING TO GET THE VABRATION DAMPER OFF BUT CAN THE BOLT OFF ANY HELP.:toothy1:

Have you tried a new ballist resistor?Power at the coil?Have you checked anything?Need more info.

Welcome to the board Ron. I have been having the same "no spark" issue. If you have time to read a lot about my ordeal, take a look at the post
subscribed.gif
Not Getting 12 Volts at Coil. When I find out my Dart's problem, I'll post the solution.

Check your neutral safety switch for a good ground.

Hey Stan, I havn't seen you on for a while. How's the new house?

Now back to the topic at hand. I think you might want to check all the wires and make sure they are going to the right places. Second is ballast resistor. Also make sure the engine is making a good ground.

Jack

The easiest way to remove the balancer bolt would be with an impact...but the second easiest way I found is like this: (you will need your starter still in the car for this one.)

1. After removing the radiator, put your socket and ratchet on the bolt with the beam of the ratchet parallel to the floor. The handle of the ratchet should be pointing toward the driver side fender.

2. Put a jack stand under the handle of the ratchet to support it. If the socket keeps falling off the bolt, stuff some paper towels in the socket to snug it up tight (or use 2 jack stands for support).

3. With EVERYONE standing WAY back (no joke, parts might be flying), turn the key for a split second. The torque from the starter is usually plenty to remove the bolt. If the ratchet fly's off (which happens more often than not), set it back up and try again.

me and a friend try a new ballist not the problem, timing chain jumped and going to get the motor rebuild. motor has never bein touch so i think it's time for a rebuild thank you.

-
Back