Hayden 2765 fan clutch, more room?

-

gregsdart

Reaction score
I need more room than the fan clutch i have now because I installed a 3 row radiator. Is this unit shorter than most mopar units?

IF you punch in that # on ebay and look at what vehicles it's for it shows many production cars. If that's the case then it can be had at the junk yards too.

They work terrific could believe how much better (cooler) it operates comparing to the Jag type short shaft fan. Purchased from Summit !

I need more room than the fan clutch i have now because I installed a 3 row radiator. Is this unit shorter than most mopar units?
I "JUST" measured mine up and it is 9/16 shorter than the OE unit at the stem (?) but the whole unit is approximately 9/16 shorter.

I installed a Summit aluminum radiator in my Duster I front of a 400 B engine.
I had read else where that the 2765 worked for others. I have not yet tried to install it. The current electric fan is doing the job for now.

Has anyone made use of the 2765 fan?
Being that I all ready have it.

What is the total length of it? I had my radiator triple cored and my factory fan wouldn't fit so I got stuck using a non clutch stock fan and spacer.

Rumblefish 360 ---
I am using the Jag clutch with the Mopar Performance 5 blade fan. I have used this set up with zero problems over 4 seasons. The 5 blade fan moves air and is a bit lighter than the standard Mopar 7 blade clutch fan. I purchased the Mopar 5 blade fan from Mancini Racing. I will switch to the new clutch when the Jag clutch fails. It appears Mancini Racing does not sell the fan anymore, but Summit has Dorman 620-054, which is published as a direct replacement for the Mopar 5 blade fan.

I attempted to locate the Mopar 5 blade fan for you at Summit since it appears it is no longer available at Mancini Racing. I found the Dorman product when searching 5 blade mechanical fans. Go to Dorman.com and reference the product number: Dorman Products - 620-054. As mentioned the fan moves a lot of air and is lighter than the 7 blade fan. You should get four or fives seasons out of the clutch. My car stays cool, even on hot 90 degree days in traffic. Temperature is around 180 degrees. I can idle in hot temperatures for a long time before the temperature reaches 205. Great set up.

I measured 3.25 from pulley to touching the radiator. What is a decent or acceptible distance from clutch to rad?

Depends on the motor mounts and trans mount and how much you trust them I guess. You're at a smidge over 1/2" when all is said and done. Another thing to keep in mind is where the fan will be in relation to the shroud (if you have one). According to the experts on this site, if it's not perfectly 50/50 inside/outside the shroud, your cooling is compromised. Not sure there's too much truth to that though.

I like a minimum of 1/2 inch clearance between the clutch and radiator. I have about 1 inch of clearance between the radiator and clutch. The fan is about a 1/2 to 3/4 of the way into the shroud.

And don't forget, that the plane of operation of the fan is rarely if ever in the same plane as the face of the rad; so make sure all the fanblades clear the rad by at least 3/4 inch where they are the closest,usually the bottom.

-
Back