HDK Tips & Updates

-
There a website with prices and options? Looks nice!

web site started...never finished. Sorry, I obviously spend all my time hot roddin'.

PM me your e-mail and I will forward the HDK information.

Thanks for the interest,
Denny

B-body HDK prototype trial fit in '63 Fury.

HDK%20B-E%201%20001_zpsgcwb7boh.jpg

HDK%20B-E%201%20013_zps4xe9n59m.jpg

HDK%20B-E%201%20014_zps4tjorg1z.jpg

HDK%20B-E%201%20010_zpskfo8n8qe.jpg

HDK%20B-E%201%20017_zpsa6qdew3h.jpg

HDK%20B-E%201%20008_zpsux2fjb3q.jpg

He drank a beer while I bolted it up.....is that what you mean???

How do these front ends hold up? Capable of withstanding a wheelie ???

How do these front ends hold up? Capable of withstanding a wheelie ???

How high?....and how hard ya gonna come down?

It will hold up as well or better than any on the market. The HDK has an intergrated LCA bump stop similar to the factory that none of the other aftermarket (as far as I know) Ks have.

Most likely front tire 2 to 3 feet off the ground nothing to crazy

good one.....any progress on yours?

:)

Slow.....work seems to have overtaken my time. I'm hoping now that the weather is warming I'll be more driven to get after it. Weekends full of photographing at the drags and a few weekends out carving the corners in the racebeast...maybe it will be a retirement project, unless I can sign up for the 3 day work week ~lol~

The pre-production set is almost finished....just a couple of tweaks on the LCA's. Mark (the welder/fab guy) has been working on them between K frame builds, my other projects, and his regular business.

I am at his shop almost everyday....we are friends, but sometimes I know he's thinking....now WTF does he want to build (alter).

Here are the pictures of the new multi piece interlocking bracket that encapsulates the
frame rail on the factory coil over conversion kit. The sleeves prevent the crushing of the
rail and the large loose tab is drilled and attached separately on each install for a superior
fit. This feature also enables you to remove the LCA later without removing the entire
frame bracket. Of course you could weld all of this on but it is totally unnecessary.

Shop%2004-30-2015%20009_zps87rhajgq.jpg

Shop%2004-30-2015%20011_zpseilozroj.jpg

Shop%2004-30-2015%20010_zpswnob9gfw.jpg

Shop%2004-30-2015%20026_zpsbafxzmqs.jpg

Shop%2004-30-2015%20017_zpsy49j96g5.jpg

The ultra heavy-duty spool mounts for the Gen II 426 Hemi are made entirely in-house at HDK
while all of the other mounts are made exclusively for HDK by Schumacher Creative Services.

Note the spool mount material choices from the original (harder) poly material to the ones that
are derived from leaf spring eye bushings which seem to be the best compromise of control and
vibration dampning.

A pair of these rubber ones are currently doing duty in Denny's Hemi Duster and he is very
satisfied with their characteristics.

HDK%202015-1%20042_zpstzhjbb4b.jpg

HDK%202015-1%20038_zpsi0qnzkvm.jpg

HDK%202015-1%20041_zps1focqce3.jpg

HDK%202015-1%20049_zps8xf2kcng.jpg

HDK%202015-1%20046_zpspgwsziag.jpg

Notice the thick plates with the bent ends that bolt to the side of the block. I slightly bent one
plate on an early version (passenger side) during R&D after several 5k holeshots with big sticky
tires. That prototype version was simply 1/8" flat material. This version is indestuctable.

Holeshots during R&D are just one of the tough jobs I have to endure for you guys. Life is hard.

HDK%202015-1%20038_zpsi0qnzkvm.jpg

Denny, there is no doubt that you are a tireless trooper!

thanks.....some might notice the large poly bushings..... and yes.......they are the SAME ones I utilize in the lower control arm in the new HDK coil only conversion for factory steering, spindles, and brakes.

Been using them for years.

Anyone within 100 miles of Findlay, Ohio have a B or E body I can test fit a K in?

Prefer late 60's early 70's

Just need to check new motor mount placement...

I'll come to you....bring my own block and tranny too.....take a whole hour maybe two.

Ok I need to know what shocks length/springs u guys are using on the HDK -im dealing with a problem on mine. Thanks steve

the correct shock for YOUR CAR depends on the eye to eye measurement at the ride height of your car. Best to use the HDK ride height simulators that simulate the installed ride height of the three QA1 shocks that will fit in the limited space.

spring rate can be somewhat compared from like car to like car (weight wise).....but choosing the correct shock should be done on your eye to eye measurement.

-
Back