HDK Tips & Updates

-
Here's a couple of the updates I just made to my HDK per Denny's recommendations. Moog ES2150RL Tie Rod ends and the latest designed lower control arm pivot shafts. Thanks Denny.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 861
  • 07.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 852
  • 010.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 841
  • 011.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 847
Now prototyping the new Challenger self contained electro-hydraulic steering rack for
an HDK customer. Looks like a great fit and it's the correct width. Clearances should
not be a problem. Customer is putting an entire Gen III Hemi powertrain in an A-body.

Stay tuned.

Rack%202_zps1vvqyeak.jpg

Rack%203_zps11juiijg.jpg

Rack%201_zpsf8mynoi8.jpg

Hot Rod 101.....always be willing to try new stuff.

How else would we fill the shelves?

Now prototyping the new Challenger self contained electro-hydraulic steering rack for
an HDK customer. Looks like a great fit and it's the correct width. Clearances should
not be a problem. Customer is putting an entire Gen III Hemi powertrain in an A-body.

Stay tuned.

Rack%202_zps1vvqyeak.jpg

Rack%203_zps11juiijg.jpg

Rack%201_zpsf8mynoi8.jpg

Sexy.

Denny,

I'm curious for comparison sake, what are the bump steer specs for your kit ?

Developed in response to customer requests, new proprietary HDK aluminum cone spacers and
heavy duty heim joints to eliminate the nylon bushings at the upper control arm pivots.

Available as a stand-alone part, they are primarily for drag racing applications.

HDK%20cones%201_zpsnufl7zeo.jpg

I had to change from the bushing ends to heims because my UCA arms were not parallel. How the bushings in the old fabricated ends lasted is a mystery, well actually they didn't last. Those spacers look pretty cool. For now I have conical spacers from Speedway but they are only 1/4" wide and the gap between them and where the ends go in the chassis needs filling. The heims do a great job in handling unparallel UCA arms.

I had to change from the bushing ends to heims because my UCA arms were not parallel. How the bushings in the old fabricated ends lasted is a mystery, well actually they didn't last. Those spacers look pretty cool. For now I have conical spacers from Speedway but they are only 1/4" wide and the gap between them and where the ends go in the chassis needs filling. The heims do a great job in handling unparallel UCA arms.

check your e-mail from yesteday

Denny, your brother mentioned they're primarily for drag racing applications. What's their street limitations? BTW will be ordering my HDK for my Gary Stanton 572 Hemi project after the 1st of the year. In the midst of 82,000 sf shop project... thanks, Ralph

Hi Ralph,

as far as limitations....I do not know. I can see the pro's and the con's. I am keeping the poly ends (with the sticky Energy Suspension lube) in my street Duster.

1) the poly end is perhaps stronger than the std heim....a plus for a street car abuse
2) there is a slight bit of cushion with the poly end, IMHO... it can help reduce hashness.

however....

1) the heim has easier movement....less stiction
2) the heim has side to side movement where the poly has virtually none.....but neither does a factory bushing.

I have never heard of failure of the poly and very very limited (often severely abused) failure of a heim.

I'm sure you are well aware, heims have been used on both race cars and street cars for decades.

The cones are only new to HDK. Now, if a customer prefers heims instead of the polys....or just want to buy them for their heim end tubular arms....no reason to stack washers, I have them in stock.

looking forward to your build.
Denny

For now, the spacers for the UCAs are only available. They work with most std 1/2" heims (.620 width).

$25 for a set of eight.

While I still like the polys on the lowers, I will make aluminum spacers available in case it is preferred by the builder. Be a easy retro fit

On the HDK.....same price for heims or polys.

-
Back