HDK Tips & Updates

-
yes Vick .....and I think the one pictured is actually yours, the pictures were taken a couple weeks ago.

The 1" extended ball joint assembly raises the pivot point of the upper ball joint which in turn will lower the instant center. I use this on cars that maintain the stock ride height. For a car with a lowered stance / ride height, the factory mount that attaches the upper arm is essentially lowered....accomplishing the same thing (angle of upper control arm).

I do not have my notes with me...but I was thinking you were after a slightly lower than stock stance...right?

I drove the Barracuda today and boy, what a difference your front suspension makes! I love it............My friend Scott filmed me right as I was putting her away for the night......

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrwocTbzXgc&feature=youtu.be"]IMG 1999 MOV - YouTube[/ame]

I bought the 2" drop spindles. I'm using 255-40-18 fronts and 345-35-19 rears.

Vick

Denny do I have a present coming soon????? Thanks Steve a.k.a Swifter

Yes you do....one way or another by the end of the week.

Nice to see the smoothing out of the K member. Also, like the idea on the oil pan for more steering clearance. Another three months and we'll be needing this.

Bill in Iowa

Nice to see the smoothing out of the K member. Also, like the idea on the oil pan for more steering clearance. Another three months and we'll be needing this.

Bill in Iowa

Sounds good Bill....I'll be ready. The pan mod is a great way to take a $213 @ Summit....."off the shelf" piece and get the most out it with a small and easy modification.

Wish I could get Milodon to make them with the sump moved rearward about an inch / inch and a half....but then the pan would not fit stock K with the factory (steering) draglink.

I get reminded every now and then (by my wife) I am already on a team...and not the star player.

Oh well....I can dream ....can't I?

Denny, just remember that you and your team player don't pay STATE INCOME TAXES in Texas.

I don't know if this is the right forum, or will fit in either, but has anyone used one of the tilt steering columns from Ididit, or others? I've been involved with street (hot) rods for many years and have many friends that went for one of these columns. I, also realize that Ididit has come out with a Mopar B body dedicated, steering column but hold on to your shorts on that one. $900 and not even painted or stainless. But, they do have many others that area much more reasonable. I can't figure out why the Mopar unit is so expensive, maybe they think us Mopar nuts have more to spend. With many of us going the 3rd Gen hem's, or even other LA and B motors, we still have wiring to redo, so I can't figure what is so different about the Mopars that requires that added expense to me.

Anyway, has anyone else gone with the after market steering columns? Mounting and wiring seems the only difference, and of course, the length. Any thoughts?

Denny, just remember that you and your team player don't pay STATE INCOME TAXES in Texas.

Denny moved back to NW Ohio a couple of years ago after 5 years in West Virgina.....built a new house about a mile (as the crow flies...thru a wildlife sanctuary) from his in-laws (they run his nephews 410 sprint car out of their garage/shop)......and 20 minutes from his shop, welder, family and buddies...

PRICELESS!

Is a B-body version going to be making its debut this year?

Is a B-body version going to be making its debut this year?

yes....I'm on it now since I have made all the updates / upgrades I wanted to the A-body package. just taking that info to the B / E body program.

I love this set up. I have not driven mine yet, but the adjustability is awesome. And Denny is awesome also.

Denny moved back to NW Ohio a couple of years ago after 5 years in West Virgina.....built a new house about a mile (as the crow flies...thru a wildlife sanctuary) from his in-laws (they run his nephews 410 sprint car out of their garage/shop)......and 20 minutes from his shop, welder, family and buddies...

PRICELESS!
Hey John or Denny,
What's the Nephews name who runs the 410 Sprints ? Dad was wondering to look for his name in the weekly racing paper.

-
Back