Head Gasket issue

-

robodhran

Reaction score
Hi

I am looking for a 3.700" bore diameter compound head gasket with compressed thickness of min. .045-.051".

This is for a 1966 Barracuda LA HiPo 273 cui small block.

I am not interrested in Cometic Gaskets anymore.

Cannot find any other provider on the internet. Maybe one of you cracks has more information to help?

Don't have a crack in the head or block and rough average should be enough now.

Thanks a lot.

Robert

Cosmetic is the only custom maker of gaskets I know of. Did you try calling another company?

It's a stretch, but you never know..........Try SCE for a copper gasket:
scegaskets.com

Good luck.

This is, what I got. Sounds good! Wonder, if this gasket is softer than an MLS gasket and would seal better. Robert

We can do a custom ICS Titan head gasket with a 3.750 bore and .050 thick. This will be as close to the 3.700 you are looking. Lead time on making a set will be 12-14 working days. Thanks

$ 272.11 for the pair Plus shipping

Ben Essing
SCE Gaskets
PH: 712-631-6884
Fax: 712-262-9316

I've noticed, that the 3.700" custom made Cometic MLS Gasket H2594SP9051 (.051" compressed thickness), has different embossement areas.

On the standard-gasket Part.No. C5622-051 4.080" MLS HEAD GASKET I can see large embossed areas around water- and oil-holes and none around the bolt-holes.

In the custom-made Gasket it is the other way round (embossed areas around bolt holes, but not around water- and oil-holes). The outer bridle on the custom gasket doesn’t help, if there is water prodruding from anywhere on the inside.

The block and heads surfaces have the rough average and smoothness.

My point of view: The standard gasket allows much more pressure to the water holes.That could be why the custom gasket is leaking coolant.

Robert

Attachments

• L1130334.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 128
  • Cometic Standard.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 134
Any chance it could be distortion around the bolt holes of the deck ? What bolts/studs are being used? Have the deck or heads been milled? If so, how much?

No distortion, milled with oil-stone (if I understand "millded" correctly); holes are blind, just oil on the long-bolt hole, that's connected with the oil-supply-channel for the lifters. 3/8" original studs (torque-spec. 85 ft./lbs = 115 Nm). Robert

-
Back