Head Porting - Who's Good?

-

Jay Anderson

Reaction score
Looking to purchase a set Of the performer rpm's and would like some porting. Who's reputable? Also, I'm doing a 360/408 stoker. Will I have to run a small base circle cam with this combo? First Mopar build for me. Thanks!

Hughes engines, Shadey Dell Machine, IMM, Modern Cylinder Head, lots of choices. Why are you thinking you need a reduced base circle cam?

Hughes engines, Shadey Dell Machine, IMM, Modern Cylinder Head, lots of choices. Why are you thinking you need a reduced base circle cam?

Ran into that with a SBC 383 I just assembled. I've read some negatives on Hughes, didn't know if I should shy away from them or not.

If you are on Facebook look up EB Porting. He is out of Charles City, Va. I can't verify if he does anything with Mopar heads but he is a stand up guy and I would let him lay stones to any cylinder I have if he says send them his way... If he can't help you that will quickly come out in a conversation because his work speaks for his talent and he and his brother are always busy so they don't take on work they can't do.

JW

Comp makes a drop in roller lifter that doesn't need a reduced base circle.

Brian at IMM is also a dealer for them. Brian does majority Mopar stuff and pricing is very very reasonable. Also whenever you call for an update, he is there to answer ALL questions.

Contact member MRL for he has roller lifters that drop in without issue. No small base circle cam needed since the MoPar engine has a high cam height due to the 9.6 deck height.

Contact member MRL for he has roller lifters that drop in without issue. No small base circle cam needed since the MoPar engine has a high cam height due to the 9.6 deck height.

This is great! I had planned on getting the lifters from MRL. I believe his lifters don't require the oiling mods either. He seems to have a good rep for his engines. I was wondering if he does port work as well.

Get them CNC ported the old days of hand porting are over. I believe Indy sells Indy brachs. CNC ports look like this

These are indy ported heads next to W-5 gaskets

Attachments

• indy3.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 387
I have a set of Hughes ported Edelbrocks; they did an excellent job no complaints.

Get them CNC ported the old days of hand porting are over. I believe Indy sells Indy brachs. CNC ports look like this

These are indy ported heads next to W-5 gaskets

That head requires an offset rocker.

MRL does porting as well. Give him a call.
He has both Eddy and Procomp castings he can prep for you with new hardware to suit your build.

Mike at MRL is a member here and a Commercial sponsor of our site. I have never met him personally but have talked to him here and is a great guy. The kind of guy you would want to do business with. Mike does all Mopar and knows his stuff. He has competed in the Mopar Muscle engine competition. Contact him through his ad in your right margin or send him a personal message. He will know what you need.

Shady Dell did my Magnum RPM's. Got their stage 3 port job plus valve job and assembly with springs I provided for $1100. He flowed them and provided me with results. Flow at .600" 293.4 intake and 205.1 exhaust. I took them with me when I visited the US and he turned them around while I was there for 3 weeks so I could take them back home with me.

Jim Laroy and his son Cody is probably among if not the best. Jim is IQ52 on the forum.

Jim Laroy and his son Cody is probably among if not the best. Jim is IQ52 on the forum.

^^^^^^^
This Jim and Cody do fabulous work !!
They have done two sets for me .
You will be very pleased if you go this route!!
Plus Jim is a very cool down to earth straight shooter that is honest and a pleasure to work with !!
I say Laroy for the win !!!!

Well I decided to go with Mike at MRL. Heck, after taking up a bunch of his time on the phone, I'm letting him do the engine, turn key. Thanks for all the responses, it's much appreciated from the new to Mopar guy!

-
Back