header question

-

D.Coulter

67SuperFish
Reaction score
what is the deal wit this thermal protector on the tti headers. is it worth the extra money they are priced around 780 vrs. non protected priced around 680. I guess the real question is what is it and does it make that much of a big deal , I mean hot is hot when you run headers.

Have about 300 miles on my thermal coated TTI's. I love the headers but I have no clue what that thermal protection does for my money.

the coating will keep headers and your engine bay cooler then with headers with out it. It is worth the money! My car with exhaust manifolds the heat was around 500 degrees with a IR gun and with coated headers they are just under 300 degrees.

Headers won't turn to rust in a year. Less heat trapped under the hood, so... less hot air to be drawn into your engine. For a measly hundred dollars extra seems like a no-brainer. Protect your investment!

Last edited:
Yep, lower under hood temps is the main reason, and it does work.
I thought it had to be some sales BS until I looked into it and read what some wrote about proving it works.

I run uncoated, and quickly discovered with my coolant at 205,and the Eddies, the underhood was hot as Hades. I very quickly cut a hole in my mint 68 hood and rammed fresh-cold-air down the 750DP. I think that was worth 100hp at least.

ok thanks guys Im getting the protected. I was wonder if that was some of that Jedi mind trick that some tight *** sales guy came up with,,,, long live the Mopar

ok thanks guys Im getting the protected. I was wonder if that was some of that Jedi mind trick that some tight *** sales guy came up with,,,, long live the Mopar
not some tight *** sales guy, came straight out of the space program as a high heat coating. Much like the cryogenex did.
Opinions are like a-------, everybodys got one, (or had one ), "or needs one !"

I ordered my TTI's bare and brought them right over to GC coatings in the Detroit area and they look gorgeous. I did a lot of research cause the investment I put into these headers I want them to outlast me. They been around forever. Service was outstanding.

IMG_1627.JPG

Thermal coatings are how the metals used in jet engines are protected from melting. Car engines don't burn nearly this hot, but thermal coatings are great for protecting headers from heat damage.
f_22_raptor_going_full_afterburner_by_jamestayloranime-d526bsn.jpg

Tell that to the JetHot crap coating on my Doug's headers.
1 winter was all it took to turn the underside of them to totall rust. No sign of coating anymore.
I`d contact jethot and see if they would warranty them.
BUT IN UR CASE SHIPPING WOULD BE A *****! Did u have the engine broke in and tuned before u installed the headers ?

-
Back