Header tube/T Bar

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
I have the old low hanging headers on my 360.For some reason now never did this until 3 days ago.On the right side there is one tube that's always been very close to my T bar,now as I slow down and almost come to a stop, with the shake of the cam that tube is hitting the bar,drove me nuts trying to find the noise.So I think I found it just for gigglessss I wedge a screw driver between the tube and the T bar,went on several stops and no noise now.My rubber mounts are only 3 years old.Any clues as to what has shifted,also outher than going to a shop and heating up the tube and put a bend in the tube what can I do at home.In my pic you will see were the handle moved and melted on the tube. Thanksssss.

Attachments

• sony 489.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 191
Kept at it so this is what I did,I slid a big flat washer under the rubber mount,raised the engine maybe 1/8 up and no noise now.But will the washer last,or is there a right shim for this.The only thing that I can think of is maybe the rubber mount has sag?

Might want to swap out the mounts for the poly lock ones. Been hearing that they won't sag or anything. That or order up a set of Doug's or TTi amd call it good.

Might want to swap out the mounts for the poly lock ones. Been hearing that they won't sag or anything. That or order up a set of Doug's or TTi amd call it good.

Thankss for the reply 1970Duster,cant afford good headers now,are the poly ones thicker than org stock ones.mine are stock and only have 1000 miles on them can they sag that Fast?

When the set I've seen came in they were just a little bit thicker than the original ones. I think this is because they have metal Un the center to prevent them from ripping apart

He can not adjust what is not adjustable.

I have the poly lock engine mounts from schumacher creative services...i tell you what they are about 3/8" thicker. they sure are hefty!

-
Back