Headers for RB in A body

-

0ld school

Reaction score
Getting ready to install my 588" RB in my 68 cuda. It has Indy 572-13 heads. It also has a Hemi Denny coil over front end. It will also have a motor plate. Do not want fenderwell or partial fenderwells. Would TTI headers be my best choice? Looking for the most room to work on the car.

Since I have a little more room, would TTI step headers for a B/E body fit?

I like Mad Dog headers just put a set in a 67 barracuda RB Procomp head

Getting ready to install my 588" RB in my 68 cuda. It has Indy 572-13 heads. It also has a Hemi Denny coil over front end. It will also have a motor plate. Do not want fenderwell or partial fenderwells. Would TTI headers be my best choice? Looking for the most room to work on the car.

TTI makes a set of the step headers for the raised ports of the Indy heads. But not sure if they would fit in a A body. I know it's going to be a lot more $$ but I would recommend having a set custom made to fit your engine/ car

I have had TTI Headers and the ceramic coating looked dull and foggy they were over $1000
Mad Dogs fit great $500 not coated $250 for ceramic coating and they looked like chrome,
super nice job.

Curious....
Mad Dog Headers....are these made specificly for RB in A Body? B-RB or are these another body style that happen to fit in the A Body B-RB engine?
Ok, got my answer on this....went on the site.
Is there any one with pictures of these installed? 383-440 A body? I would like to know how well these fit, sparkplug wires/ plug access, starter...etc..etc

Last edited:
looks like the price went up or he gave my buddy a deal, I would call him about the raised port head, there made for A body cars w/RB motor.

Mopar

I installed headers from Schumaker, coated for 800.
Really tight on drivers side. Need to grind boss on steering box, per instructions.
Mini starter needed. All plugs installed with 5/8 socket and wrench onto the 440.
DD

stock starter fit fine, no problems with steering box (manual), not sure about power box.
I don't have a full picture of it but here are some mock up

007.JPG

002.JPG

just got on the list for some custom stainless headers. also going stainless on the rest of the exhaust too. I went with 2 1/4" with 4" collectors. should have them in about 6-7 weeks. will post pics when I get them...

Never heard of Mad Dog Headers. Do they specialize in race only, or do they build headers for regular Mopar setups?

just got on the list for some custom stainless headers. also going stainless on the rest of the exhaust too. I went with 2 1/4" with 4" collectors. should have them in about 6-7 weeks. will post pics when I get them...

Who is making the SS headers for you?

Mike Balf Racing. I was at his shop a few days ago and saw his work. wow he does nice work! He's in my town Virginia Beach Virginia

in my 68 fastback: 2" tti, magnum force front end, 440/505, raised port alum. heads, alum-1 1/4" two row radiator- 28x19 crossflow, fast 2.0 f.i., mini starter, 727, dana 60. subframes tied, 6 point cage, new stock gas tank. they work, but everything is tight!

Mike Balf Racing. I was at his shop a few days ago and saw his work. wow he does nice work! He's in my town Virginia Beach Virginia

Is he building them custom using your car? Or does he already make these headers?

Nice Bob. I have always been a b-body and E body Guy. This is my first a body. I heard everything is very tight that is why I did mine like yours. My ride will be: 68 cuda Hemi Denny coilover front end. I will be using a motor plate. My motor is a588" 960 horsepower 860 foot pound of torque.....
IMG_2529_3.JPG

Nice Bob. I have always been a b-body and E body Guy. This is my first a body. I heard everything is very tight that is why I did mine like yours. My ride will be: 68 cuda Hemi Denny coilover front end. I will be using a motor plate. My motor is a588" 960 horsepower 860 foot pound of torque.....View attachment 1715005067
-----------------------------
----------motor plate here also. I had my engine parts race balanced at hughs, there is no vibration that's noticeable at all. I did make and install a for and aft linkage, or limiter for it tho. w/ that much h.p. and torque I`d think u need one too ! LIKE UR CAR ! tell us about ur internal engine parts. u running a girdle ?

----------motor plate here also. I had my engine parts race balanced at hughs, there is no vibration that's noticeable at all. I did make and install a for and aft linkage, or limiter for it tho. w/ that much h.p. and torque I`d think u need one too ! LIKE UR CAR ! tell us about ur internal engine parts. u running a girdle ?
Bob it is an indy aluminum max RB block. 4.5 bore 4.625 stroke. 14.1 comp.

Bob, do you have a picture of the limiter?

Love the wheels Old School. I run the same on my car.

-- Would TTI headers be my best choice? Looking for the most room to work on the car. --
--
I had TTI headers on a 68 Dart, with a 440 Stroker, and a Motor Plate. --The torsion bars ran thru the headers - But I guess that they all do that, or at least most. - That was a PITA.

I'm in the middle of installing TTi 2into21/8 headers in my cuda. They clear the torsion bars fine, most everywhere else is tight. Would have to drop the trans to change the starter. Had to remove the deep pan and turn the trans on its side to get it past the headers and into place. Definitely a pita...

Yes, if you still run T-bars they have to come out for the install and then re-install.

-
Back