Headers with power steering

-

496 polara

moparts id gch
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What headers work with power steering? 72 Duster with a 440. TTi says no power steering with their BB headers. Has Tri-Y now and was hoping to go bigger when I do heads and cam.

I would be interested to see about the TTI headers and the small Borgenson box.

Proparts work with PS. Hard to see but there was no interference at all.

proparts2.jpg

Proparts are semi fenderwell. Two tubes on drivers side and one tube on passenger side exit the femderwells.

propartsBOB.jpg

How do you put those ProParts headers in if some tubes go around the frame and some dont?
Do they come in pieces and you have to weld them together?

How do you put those ProParts headers in if some tubes go around the frame and some dont?
Do they come in pieces and you have to weld them together?
they're slip fit at the collector. the tubes that go around the frame are separate.

the set i did had tabs for exhaust springs on the pipe and collector to hold them tight.

i'm not sure but i believe that they're made by TTI

Here are the tubes off the car. I think you can see where they separate.

proparts2.jpg

That seems like the ticket for me if I can find a set. Any tire clearance issue with the fenderwell tubes?

That seems like the ticket for me if I can find a set. Any tire clearance issue with the fenderwell tubes?
the car that i installed them on was pretty standard with 15" americans and probably 215's or maybe 225's and there didn't seem to be any clearance issues so i can't really speak to anything much more exotic than that. so i'd hazard a guess that if you kept it reasonable you should be okay.

26/27 inch tall tire is about the limit using pro-part headers

IMG-20120107-00134.jpg

IMG_20170709_120008.jpg

-
Back