headers

-

mopar7172

Banned
Reaction score
would shorty headers that are not a-body headers fit without cuttin some of the inner fender out if i put a bigblock 400 in a 72 duster with power steering?

Go with a set of Schumacker headers. They will flow better than stock manifolds, not as good as fender well os TTI's. I really like how they fit and how my cars run with them.

I guess you will have to decide WHO you are going to believe.... the people that MAKE & SELL the headers OR the guys on here that have physically tried every header combination for an A body and engine combo known to man........ it is YOUR call so give up the WHAT IF'S & WHY NOT's and decide WHO you are going to believe........ALSO there are like 20+ header/exhaust threads on FABO where you can find your set up and what will work with it.....RESEARCH is your best friend in this area......instead of picking a product and trying to make it work, try finding an already proven solution and purchasing those products for your project

I guess you will have to decide WHO you are going to believe.... the people that MAKE & SELL the headers OR the guys on here that have physically tried every header combination for an A body and engine combo known to man........ it is YOUR call so give up the WHAT IF'S & WHY NOT's and decide WHO you are going to believe........ALSO there are like 20+ header/exhaust threads on FABO where you can find your set up and what will work with it.....RESEARCH is your best friend in this area......instead of picking a product and trying to make it work, try finding an already proven solution and purchasing those products for your project
will they clear?i don't know

I was hoping the Hedmans #78070's would work. The Shumi's are a little pricey.

On a BB into an A Body the "Shumi's" are the only header that I'm aware of that will drop down from above and bolt to the engine without cutting holes any where or dropping the steering linkage or capture the starter or hanging so low that loose gravel will ping off them or allow access to all the spark plugs or allow use of power steering. So there a little "pricey", well what's 2 years worth of knuckle skin worth these days. And yes they even go in easier than TTI's. Ask my 71 Demon with the 400 how many cuss words I didn't use.

Done that and been there.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a BB into an A Body the "Shumi's" are the only header that I'm aware of that will drop down from above and bolt to the engine without cutting holes any where or dropping the steering linkage or capture the starter or hanging so low that loose gravel will ping off them or allow access to all the spark plugs or allow use of power steering. So there a little "pricey", well what's 2 years worth of knuckle skin worth these days. And yes they even go in easier than TTI's. Ask my 71 Demon with the 400 how many cuss words I didn't use.

Done that and been there.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
these headman shorty headers will work with no problems?

I have the old CPPAs and they were no fun to install but have been an excellent performing and virtually leak free header for about 14 years now.

-
Back