headers

-

Geri

Reaction score
is there any outlet for fenderwell headers for a big block A body '67 Dart?
I can build them -thought I'd see if any were available.

Did you try a look at the Hooker header or Hedman sites. Might have better luck at Hedman I think.

Please, PLEASE do not destroy a street worthy A body and chop the crap out of it. There are underchassis options that fit well and leave the car functional and intact.

Mazzolini Racing has Pro Parts headers which have one tube that goes thru the fenderwell. Those work better than the old Hooker design with four tubes in the fenderwell. The old fenderwell design didn't really work that well. The tubes take up a lot of space in the fender and the primaries are too long for the engine to make power.

@AndyF Id ask what an Optimal length header would be but that is closer to a loaded question so, is there a length better or worse and to any particular power level that you may have discovered?

Mazzolini Racing has Pro Parts headers which have one tube that goes thru the fenderwell. Those work better than the old Hooker design with four tubes in the fenderwell. The old fenderwell design didn't really work that well. The tubes take up a lot of space in the fender and the primaries are too long for the engine to make power.

Passenger side, 1 tube goes through. Drivers side 2 go through.

The slip on collectors are a PITA.

00W0W_d96RxFeRnsJ_600x450.jpg

Please, PLEASE do not destroy a street worthy A body and chop the crap out of it. There are underchassis options that fit well and leave the car functional and intact.
whwn I put the Hemi in my 62 Dart I asked a local header builder what they would charge for under chassis headers- they wanted 3K. I got tubing, exhaust flanges and in two days made under chassis headers that could be removed without disturbing anything else on the car, pretty good wages I say. and I had to do that lying on my back on the ground

OK- that was supposed to be a joke,I meant to write "is there an outlet for HEMI fenderwell headers an A body Dart/barracuda. messed up the heck out of that one.
I'm old, my mind wanders, also my mind wanders.

OK- that was supposed to be a joke,I meant to write "is there an outlet for HEMI fenderwell headers an A body Dart/barracuda. messed up the heck out of that one.
I'm old, my mind wanders, also my mind wanders.
If you have a set snap some pics and put them on a sale ad with a price and location. They will probably sell. USed headers don't sell for a bundle but they have value unless they are in real bad shape.

If you have a set snap some pics and put them on a sale ad with a price and location. They will probably sell. USed headers don't sell for a bundle but they have value unless they are in real bad shape.
I have new 426 Hemi headers- keepers, I have Hooker fender well B/RB headers not keepers.

A
Heck , I just wish I had another HEMI !
ANOTHER hemi???? at one time I had 5 426 hemis they came to easy and I didn't think they would ever be spensive - sold them parts and pieces way cheap to help others. times have really changed. at one point- early 1970's I bought a superstock racers entire garage full of parts and his hemi for $500.00

the first and last fenderwell hemi headers I've ever seen was the ramcharger's high and Mighty 50? plymouth coupe

the first and last fenderwell hemi headers I've ever seen was the ramcharger's high and Mighty 50? plymouth coupe
the A body-B engine fenderwell headers are in great shape, however I'm not interested in trying to box and ship, I am in southwest Missouri- springfield area, interested party would have to come here to get them.

the A body-B engine fenderwell headers are in great shape, however I'm not interested in trying to box and ship, I am in southwest Missouri- springfield area, interested party would have to come here to get them.
You could still put them up for sale in a add. "Local pick up only" Yes, boxing and shipping would be a pain.

A

ANOTHER hemi???? at one time I had 5 426 hemis they came to easy and I didn't think they would ever be spensive - sold them parts and pieces way cheap to help others. times have really changed. at one point- early 1970's I bought a superstock racers entire garage full of parts and his hemi for $500.00

Wow, I had two , but sold them when times got hard back then.

I’m interested in ur headers. But dam, I ship all over the world. It’s not really a big deal. I’ve just sent a set of Schumacher’s last week. Sure it takes alittle time to box them up real good. I get joy in helping other members out. Kim

I’m interested in ur headers. But dam, I ship all over the world. It’s not really a big deal. I’ve just sent a set of Schumacher’s last week. Sure it takes alittle time to box them up real good. I get joy in helping other members out. Kim
thanks, I understand, I live in the country- usually a box the size needed costs more than the headers are worth, I will give that a try though, thanks

Check out Jegs or summit for Hookers or Hedmans. I went 8.90s at 150 with hookers

-
Back