Headliner is IN!!!!!!!!

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Yup... I won my personal battle with my cars headliner. It's installed....and it looks pretty good no less! I've been fighting with this Damn thing for MONTHS and for some reason I went to the garage and just did it. 1...2...3...done. I just have to glue the drivers side roof rail, but otherwise it's IN.
partygroup.gif

SANY0008-vi.jpg

I managed to pull it a little tighter after I snapped these pictures....

SANY0009-vi.jpg

The drivers side still has a few small wrinkles that will get pulled out when I attach it tomorrow night. I wanted the glue to set up on the passenger side. And I didn't have to use headliner #2!

And here's another sound clip of what this thing sounds like....and boy do I love it!

http://media.putfile.com/CooolIdle

Headliners suck, You did a nice job. Headliners are cross between sewing and bed making upside down. I remember in the Army trying to get the corners tucked and no wrinkles.......kinda the same thing. Your car sounds wicked too:) How far from bieng on the road?

Nice job on the liner, John!
I busted my butt doing mine back in June. It came out good, but I can still see the fold marks from packaging. I think they're here to stay!
I aint never doin' another one a those either!

George

not to hard was it.I have done 7 of the last cars i have had.Look forward to doing my 69 soon.Tip when your all glued up take a spray bottle with water mist the liner,then take a hair dryer to it and smooth it out.Trust me it works.Good job.

sounds pretty wicked. seats, carpet, and a dry patch of road is all you need now.

Great work.

Nice job! If you park your car in the hot sun with the windows rolled up your headliner will tighten up even more!

Good job John!! The idle sounds great! Was that the 274xe cam?

According to the cam card, it's a XE274H. .488 on the intake and .491 on the exhaust side. Duration @ .006 tappet lift is 274 intake/286 exhaust 110 degree lobe seperation. Translation: it THUMPS. I can't wait to drive it. Should be soon....

BTW: Sorry I missed your call the other day Steve. I'll buzz you tomorrow. 8)

not to hard was it.I have done 7 of the last cars i have had.Look forward to doing my 69 soon.Tip when your all glued up take a spray bottle with water mist the liner,then take a hair dryer to it and smooth it out.Trust me it works.Good job.

Thanks for the tip! I'll try it.

According to the cam card, it's a XE274H. .488 on the intake and .491 on the exhaust side. Duration @ .006 tappet lift is 274 intake/286 exhaust 110 degree lobe seperation. Translation: it THUMPS. I can't wait to drive it. Should be soon....

BTW: Sorry I missed your call the other day Steve. I'll buzz you tomorrow. 8)

Same cam I got. It will give you goose bumps. Great throttle response.

Dam....You are alot braver than me. LOL.
Looks great !!
Car sounds mean to !

-
Back