Heads

-

cuda620

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about how much weight I'd save using aluminum heads. I'm planning a 451 or 470 swap in my A body cuda,but it's got manual steering. Already gonna use aluminum intake and water pump housing and pump. Trying to loose as much weight as possible, headers smaller 90's truck starter,etc. Thanks.

Can anyone tell me about how much weight I'd save using aluminum heads. I'm planning a 451 or 470 swap in my A body cuda,but it's got manual steering. Already gonna use aluminum intake and water pump housing and pump. Trying to loose as much weight as possible, headers smaller 90's truck starter,etc. Thanks.
60 lbs or so.

60 lbs or so.
not all heads are alike. victor knock offs are only 6 pounds per head liter than 915`s, both w/ all hardware installed. my alum. chevy smallblock heads weren`t even 60 ponds liter than iron heads.

I wonder why? Do you run aluminum rockers?

My eddy RPM heads feel like paper weights compared to the old 906's.

I wonder why? Do you run aluminum rockers?

My eddy RPM heads feel like paper weights compared to the old 906's.
their raised port, and the ends aren`t machined off like stockers. long mothas !
yes, hughs alum. rockers. take a 9.400 pushrod their so tall.

What headers?
2" tti, I bought from a guy on here out of witchita, kan., he blew up a big block dart. they fit well, I straightened 1 and 3 tubes by removing and driving a hitch ball threw them. the headers fit good, but tight everywhere-very close to everything. even had to loosen the steering column at the floor and slide it to the left as far as it would go ,( think I might have even elongated the holes a hair. I run a magnum force front end so no torsion bars, the headers wouldn`t have worked w/ them ! I got a heck of a deal on the front end and couldn`t pass it up. A lot of guys bad mouth the early M.F. dragrace frontends, and one guy said he had a bolt failure., which let the lower a arm flop. I built a couple of strut rods for mine to help in that area. Sorry. I don`t know the # of the headers. I had to eggshape the # 2 tube , it was so close to the tappet cover it melted the gasket, ( probly because of the raised ports), wrapped it and glued a piece of wrap to the valve cover, and slid a piece of thin alum sheet in between them. So far so good.

-
Back