Heads

-

oley340

Reaction score
Good morning all I'm looking to replace my heads and would like to hear from you guys on this matter. I have a set of eddy heads on my stroked 340(416) It runs good but not good enough. Im looking at the indy set up 360-H1-1K or the brodix set up the car goes 11.40 now and is a street car would love to get into the 10's. thanks for any advice

Indy square port heads and intake. Have a pro go nuts on a bare set. Hughes engines has rockers, FWIW....

Good morning all I'm looking to replace my heads and would like to hear from you guys on this matter. I have a set of eddy heads on my stroked 340(416) It runs good but not good enough. Im looking at the indy set up 360-H1-1K or the brodix set up the car goes 11.40 now and is a street car would love to get into the 10's. thanks for any advice
The car and the rest of your combo...??..

My opinion............cylinder head is not what is holding you up, UNLESS they are not ported.......case in point, my Barracuda went 11.10@120 with a 360, heads are Hughes stage 3 CNC ported.......why is your stroker slower than my stock stroke 360? Think about it, it's all in the combination

I would just port the Edelbrocks....it is by far the cheapest route.

For what its worth, my Barracuda (408 stroker) runs low 10's with ported Edelbrocks and decent solid cam.

IMHO you'll be throwing money away on Indy heads to meet you goal. Take Flyfish's advice and have your Edelbrocks ported, it's your best bang for the buck.

My 408 ran 6.57 @ 104 and change in my 3260# street/strip 69 Dart. It was 10.8-1, flat solid cam, ported Edelbrocks and ran on pump 93.

I still don't know how anybody can give any kind of head recommendation without knowing what the combo is and what the car is? I guess y'all assuming it's abody??..
What if he comes on and says he's got like a 2.3 60-foot? Because his one tire fire and his BF Goodrich ta's aren't getting traction??.. back to post #3.....

I still don't know how anybody can give any kind of head recommendation without knowing what the combo is and what the car is?
Well, I was gonna add “.750 roller!” but I figured I spent enough of his internet money.

Or we could just all go with post two and yeah spend that money! By the way their customer service is known to be non-existent and they don't even make their own rockers that they need to make them work... And if you really want to spend money bad you can't never Overlook the new trick flows...

10’s and you need a bar and a bar in a street car is not the best idea. Unless you just want to do it once and even that is not wise.

I still don't know how anybody can give any kind of head recommendation without knowing what the combo is and what the car is? I guess y'all assuming it's abody??..
What if he comes on and says he's got like a 2.3 60-foot? Because his one tire fire and his BF Goodrich ta's aren't getting traction??.. back to post #3.....
For me personally, I don't need the rest of the combo in this specific situation. He must have a well worked out car to run 11.40's with stock Edelbrocks (I'm assuming stock since he didn't say otherwise).

For me personally, I don't need the rest of the combo in this specific situation. He must have a well worked out car to run 11.40's with stock Edelbrocks (I'm assuming stock since he didn't say otherwise).
Well here's Food For Thought- I have a terribly worked out car (still do) with stock heads and have done 11.4's...

I've ran ported heads on the last three engines I've built and the cost of the port work was the best money spent on the builds. The heads that were on my 408 flowed in the low-mid 290's before Ryan installed the 2.055" intake valves and were really to small for that engine. A stock Edelbrock head on that size engine is a big choke point on a performance build.

I'd rather have a mild combo with good heads as to have a wild one with junk heads.

Well here's Food For Thought- I have a terribly worked out car (still do) with stock heads and have done 11.4's...

Well JPar, here's the meat and potatoes of your food for thought...........

Why is your 140 stroker slow???????? 11.4's with a dual quad, tunnel rammed 410 stroker....that's .3 seconds slower than my stock stroked 360 with a single 4bbl carb on a single plane intake..........terribly worked out, or worked on????

Why is your 140 stroker slow???????? 11.4's with a dual quad, tunnel rammed 410 stroker....that's .3 seconds slower than my stock stroked 360 with a single 4bbl carb on a single plane intake..........terribly worked out, or worked on????

Meat and potato's! **** you got the appetizer, salad, sides, dessert and the drink afterwards in this one. :rofl:

My opinion............cylinder head is not what is holding you up, UNLESS they are not ported.......case in point, my Barracuda went 11.10@120 with a 360, heads are Hughes stage 3 CNC ported.......why is your stroker slower than my stock stroke 360? Think about it, it's all in the combination
Everyone knows East coast air contains nitrous or something similar. lol

140 stroker??...
Well Zippity Doo Dah for you and your car! LOL now pose the question how much I give a rat... am I supposed to be in some kind of competition with you or something?.. are those the 3k+ iron heads from Hughes...
Meat and potato's! **** you got the appetizer, salad, sides, dessert and the drink afterwards in this one. :rofl:
asskiss.gif
haha.gif

Unless you plan on wearing a helmet while driving on the street, that steel tube really hurts as your head hits it during a fender bender.
I was never comfortable with the full roll bar in my car. Of course that usually goes along with the plastic seats and the loud as hell fuel pump...

Unless you plan on wearing a helmet while driving on the street, that steel tube really hurts as your head hits it during a fender bender.
I have to say if a roll bar is so dangerous in a street car why is NHTSA not freaking out and demanding a recall on every single jeep model with a factory roll bar.I understand your logic but when you look at the facts a properly designed roll bar (and padded) is not a problem and if it is then that person is in a situation where it probably wouldnt have mattered if he had one or not.

-
Back