Heater battery

-

raggarin

Reaction score
Hi...My first topic here.

I believe that the heaterbattery in my -75 dart gt is clogged!Or could it be vacuum issues?There is hot coolingfluid going in and much cooler in the outlet,but almost no heat inside the car.Thinking about getting it out for a good cleaning.Or is there any good ideas of getting it rinsed mounted?Sorry if there is any faulty writing,I'm from Finland...:toothy10:

Welcome!

Hook a hose pipe from your house to one side of the heater hose. Unhook the other side and aim it towards the ground. Flush it out and see if anything comes out.

Is the heater fan blowing through the heater core?

I beleive you are talking about the heaterdore inside the car that suplies heat to the interior?If so,there are cooling systems flush kits that you can get atuo parts stores and can work,do it twice to be sure.You can use a garden hose to try and clear out the core and switch it from side to side to reverse flush the core.If this does not work,you need to replace the heater core,mrmopartech

Welcome!

Hook a hose pipe from your house to one side of the heater hose. Unhook the other side and aim it towards the ground. Flush it out and see if anything comes out.

Is the heater fan blowing through the heater core?

The fan is working and I am getting some heat inside the car,but not nearly enough!I also had a -67 Valiant a few years ago and that car provided much more heat inside the car!

I beleive you are talking about the heaterdore inside the car that suplies heat to the interior?If so,there are cooling systems flush kits that you can get atuo parts stores and can work,do it twice to be sure.You can use a garden hose to try and clear out the core and switch it from side to side to reverse flush the core.If this does not work,you need to replace the heater core,mrmopartech

OK...will probably try with the waterhose and the flushing kit!I've seen them on my local gasstation/workshop but never considered it until now,thought it was just nonsense!

You dont need a flushing T and you dont want public water pressure in you cooling system.
Remove both heater hoses at the engine ends and drape them over the right fender. Use a garden hose the flush first one way them the other, repeating until all the water runs clean and clear. Hook the hoses back up and try it.
Your car may have a water control valve in the right side that is vacuum operated. Those go bad and refuse to work even with sufficient vacuum , or you may see the valve arm move yet the gate inside it isn't moving. Hope this helps.

You dont need a flushing T and you dont want public water pressure in you cooling system.
Remove both heater hoses at the engine ends and drape them over the right fender. Use a garden hose the flush first one way them the other, repeating until all the water runs clean and clear. Hook the hoses back up and try it.
Your car may have a water control valve in the right side that is vacuum operated. Those go bad and refuse to work even with sufficient vacuum , or you may see the valve arm move yet the gate inside it isn't moving. Hope this helps.

Yes there is a vacuum operated valve in the engine compartment,located on the right fender.But since hot water is going in I don't think that it would be bad.But who knows?

Yes there is a vacuum operated valve in the engine compartment,located on the right fender.But since hot water is going in I don't think that it would be bad.But who knows?

That valve has a simple butterfly gate in it. It can let the heat though without sufficient flow if not operating properly.

I had a dodge truck that had that kind of gate and when winter hit I had to bypass it to get enough flow, it was not opening all the way.
Then it got hot in my truck

I had a dodge truck that had that kind of gate and when winter hit I had to bypass it to get enough flow, it was not opening all the way.
Then it got hot in my truck

Thanks guys!I'll try bypassing it!Going to an American Car Meeting tomorrow in the Dart!Hopefully she makes it through!:-D

-
Back