Heater cable clips

-

Monaro

Reaction score
I am trying to install the cable clips on my cuda heater box, and having no luck except entertaining the idea of burning the car. They are new clips and as much as I try to hold the cable and the doors in the right position with one hand and at the same time trying to put the clip on with my arm through the glove box they won't engage. I have tried to use needle nose pliers. Is there a special tool, or technique to get them on before starting a search for the matches?
Monaro.

Once the clip is on, I believe there is a screw that goes thru the clip to "clamp" the cable down???

Not sure about that mate, no screws when I pulled them off and I can't get them on anyway, however you have given me an idea, will let you know how it works out.
Cheers,
Monaro.

On some of those they used just the clip, on others they used the clip and a screw to hold it down. They can be tricky to reinstall but once you figure it out you'll be an expert. I wish I could offer more advice.

I pulled the heater box loose before I unclipped my cables. You may need to loosen the box and drop it a bit before you can get your fingers in there. With my box out, I can snap the clip shut without a tool.

All the clips have a screw hole in them which is handy when needed. Use a round jaw plier and rotate it downward a pull toward you a tad while squeezing.
The cable needs to be straight through it. The cables sheathe doesn't move after it clamped so if rotating the door arm the cable attaches to will help get the sheathe in line, ( This moves the control lever to a different position also ) do that.

All the clips have a screw hole in them which is handy when needed. Use a round jaw plier and rotate it downward a pull toward you a tad while squeezing.

Is a tad more or less than a smidgeon????

Yes, they are a pain to put on. Remember to place the control lever in the Heat position before attaching the cables. Also, rotate the levers on the box full clockwise.

-
Back