Heater Delete

-

H-code

Reaction score
:sign10:I am restoring a 1971 demon, I have an h-25 heater delete code. Does anybody know what this means? does it mean no heater core or no heater box and controls? Mine has the factory set-up.

yup heater delete means none of those componets, not even heater hoses. blank out cover or special bezel on the dash where controls would be.

It also means that the original owner was either impervious to the cold or he lived in an area where it's really warm all year long.:-D

:sign10:I am restoring a 1971 demon, I have an h-25 heater delete code. Does anybody know what this means? does it mean no heater core or no heater box and controls? Mine has the factory set-up.

Is the info coming from your fender tag or broadcast sheet? If it's on the tag, does your H25 code follow a "C" or "G" code or is there an M21 right before it?

Hey 69coronetrt, mine is off the fender tag, there is a g-15 next to it. it also has a m-25 code but not next to it. may i ask why?

It also means that the original owner was either impervious to the cold or he lived in an area where it's really warm all year long.:-D

The M code cars were built spacificly for racing and heater delete was just part of removing weight. Some of them left the factory with only a drivers seat and without paint.
There was even a line of text in the original window sticker on some that read Not approved for highway use.

The M code cars were built spacificly for racing and heater delete was just part of removing weight. Some of them left the factory with only a drivers seat and without paint.
There was even a line of text in the original window sticker on some that read Not approved for highway use.

Just to clarify, the M-code cars were 69, and were either cuda383 or Dart 383 GTS cars converted to 440 models. AFAIK, the majority came with regular interiors and full backseats, and most were not heater delete.

I think this is referring to a 71 Demon, and judging by his nick, maybe an H-code 340.

Grant

Hey 69coronetrt, mine is off the fender tag, there is a g-15 next to it. it also has a m-25 code but not next to it. may i ask why?

H and M are often confused on fender tags, especially tags that are rusty and hard to read. The placement of the code on the tag usually clarifies which code it is.

So are you saying your tag has both H25 and M25?

By '71, heater delete cars would be pretty scarce. I don't think many of us were even aware it was possible let alone coded on the tag. Seeing a pic of the tag with the code would be a first for a lot of us. Any chance you can post a pictture of it?

-
Back