Hellcat engine packages available

-
20 grand...........................................................

So...now that my mind is in overdrive...

I'm thinking 67-69 barracuda notchback. RMS AlterKation, Dana with street lynx, Od trans, Mini tub, Hellcat powered with SRT retrofit interior.

I'm not sure whether to be excited or upset, given that my car is currently undergoing an engine swap since the 440 blew. It's like hey, you need a new engine, we have the best one for ya... you just can't afford it.

I'm thinking 67-69 barracuda notchback. RMS AlterKation, Dana with street lynx, Od trans, Mini tub, Hellcat powered with SRT retrofit interior.
Soooo.... you’re envisioning an 80+ thousand dollar build? Lol. But I totally see where you’re coming from, I’d love to have that same setup in my Duster!

Soooo.... you’re envisioning an 80+ thousand dollar build? Lol. But I totally see where you’re coming from, I’d love to have that same setup in my Duster!

It's not far from what I'm running now. minus that engine mostly..

Oh cool! So just drop $20k and you’re there!! :D

I'll never part ways with this one. It's a street strip deal.

I really want a 67-69 notchback barracuda. I'd like to do a pro touring type of thing with it. Trick is to get a restored one and let the owner take the money bath on it. pick up that 40,000 resto for 15 or 20k and then start your build from there.

"The big question, though, is how much this will all cost. "

And another question is what transmission will I use that it will bolt to?
I'm gonna need a Dana 60 too.
At least.

At least.
Any small block transmission will bolt to it. But I’d highly prefer an overdrive myself. Either a Hellcat 8 speed auto or a 6 speed.

At least.

Any small block transmission will bolt to it. But I’d highly prefer an overdrive myself. Either a Hellcat 8 speed auto or a 6 speed.

You can also run a GM460E if you wanted an OD trans.

basically any GM trans, SB mopar trans or Hellcat trans.

What k frame would you need to install this motor in a 68 dart? Wish someone way smarter than I would detail what an installation with 6 speed would entail as I have no clue what would be involved....curious! Thanks.

What k frame would you need to install this motor in a 68 dart? Wish someone way smarter than I would detail what an installation with 6 speed would entail as I have no clue what would be involved....curious! Thanks.
Lucky for you if you look the Gen 3 swap forum there is a sticky post all about whats needed to do a 6 speed swap with a list.

I've got pretty much everything I want with my 6.1L and T56. Once my car is running and has some miles on it, I'm hoping to add a charger...

Riddler

Pretty sure you CAN use a factory small block K-member but any of the aftermarket tubular k-members with r&p steering open up more room.

67-76 Barracuda Notch - happy I have a point nose Duster
RMS Alterktion - check
Dana with RMS Streetlinx - Check (8 3/4 with RMS Streetlinx)
OD Trans - Check (T56)
Mini tub - Check
Hellcat powered - 6.1L Hemi
SRT retrofit interior - still in progress.

WE have roughtly the same build in mine. I started mine over 8 years ago...

Riddler

Lucky for you if you look the Gen 3 swap forum there is a sticky post all about whats needed to do a 6 speed swap with a list.

I've got pretty much everything I want with my 6.1L and T56. Once my car is running and has some miles on it, I'm hoping to add a charger...

Riddler
Sounds like you’re doing exactly what I wanna do with my Duster. 6.1, 6 speed then eventually add a whipple supercharger.

Sounds like you’re doing exactly what I wanna do with my Duster. 6.1, 6 speed then eventually add a whipple supercharger.

Yup I'm mostly done.. Hoping to have it on the road in the spring. It's been a long 8 year CASH only build. But I can say I own the car and don't owe anything on it when it's done.

Riddler

Last edited:
Just a thought but can one get a GEN3 6.1/6.4L turbo'd hemi that makes more power for less coin? Seems like the engine, turbo, and management would run around $15K and make more power. I'm leaning towards an eventual GEN3 swap for my '65 but admittedly I'm not "up" on the real costs for this swap. $23K seems steep to me though.

Just a thought but can one get a GEN3 6.1/6.4L turbo'd hemi that makes more power for less coin? Seems like the engine, turbo, and management would run around $15K and make more power. I'm leaning towards an eventual GEN3 swap for my '65 but admittedly I'm not "up" on the real costs for this swap. $23K seems steep to me though.
My long term plans for my car are a forged internal 6.4 and them maybe eventually adding a whipple supercharger on top. I wouldn’t be surprised if by the time it’s all said and done I’d have close to $20k if not more in it. But then I’d also probably have Hellcat power as well

-
Back