Hellcats not impressed..

-
Wrong AGAIN..stuck in the 70's when "real" car were built:D:D

Hmmmm...,the same '70's cars that provided 140hp smallblocks lucky to get 15mpg, and
were primarily responsible for practically augering in chrysler deep enuff to classify it as a
prototype bunker buster?You sir, are on the pipe.If Lee Iacocca hadn't begged and borrowed
from the taxpayers, Your "real cars" would have been the end of Mopars, and a sadass fizzle
of the brand at that.

Hmmmm...,the same '70's cars that provided 140hp smallblocks lucky to get 15mpg, and
were primarily responsible for practically augering in chrysler deep enuff to classify it as a
prototype bunker buster?You sir, are on the pipe.If Lee Iacocca hadn't begged and borrowed
from the taxpayers, Your "real cars" would have been the end of Mopars, and a sadass fizzle
of the brand at that.

Let me clearify cars from '72 and down you can keep the '73 and up:D:D

Go look on any car lot at any gas V8 truck's window sticker. The mileage estimates are about the same as in the 70s. Mid teens for around town and 20 give or take highway. All those fancy electronics and overdrives haven't done a thing.

Grumpy Troll......so close to a long weekend.....lighten that heavy load of hatred.

Yes, Women do drive Cuda's. My wife has a sweet 69. Guys drive Cuda's. I have a 67.

BTW. They were not called Cuda's until 1969 and then that name was only used if you ordered the special "CUDA" package.

Our cars are BARRACUDAS!

Hear hear! I hate it when people call my '68 a "Cuda" :finga: off to them!

Go look on any car lot at any gas V8 truck's window sticker. The mileage estimates are about the same as in the 70s. Mid teens for around town and 20 give or take highway. All those fancy electronics and overdrives haven't done a thing.

My buddy bought a '78 fulltime 318 1/2ton,immaculate cond. and 8-10mpg was it! My
'87 Dak. 2wd 8ft. bed got a combined 22.3mpg on a 20gal. tankful,and I was occasionally doin
the extreme miler routine at that.Carb'd 3.9L didn't do bad considering the hills in PA,but.....
The guy that bought the shop I worked previously had an "04 1500 Ram 4X4 xtended cab
5.7 HEMI,22-23mpg on the highway,probably weighed nearly twice the Dak.,3X the HP,and
pulled the same. I tuned My Dad's '76 GMC heavy 3/4 ton to go pick up the '64 GT droptop I
purchased in OK.Bumped timing 3deg.,added clutch fan,195 'stat,tune-up etc. It turned the
best it ever had since He bought it new on the way out,....14mpg,w/tow dolly,tools and
supplies and co-pilot.350 4bbl 4spd.,4.11 gears,235/85LT16 E loads. As much as I love old
school,modern eng.controls and management have dramatically improved perfomance,as well
as increased cost,complexity,repair bills offsetting lower maintenance costs,well,can't have it
all!!! P.S. lying on the window sticker ain't as easy as it used to be!!

-
Back