Hello everybody

-

funwithfuel

Reaction score
Hi all , John, from the peoples republic of Illinois here. I am a newb an I know it.
For fathers day my wife bought me the coolest gift . She found a 72 Plymouth Scamp way out in the middle of Indiana and said she wanted it, If it was a solid car. Made me go look it over to see if it was something I thought she'd be safe in. With the exception of the vinyl roof the car was absolutely beautiful. I said yeah, she said ok pay the man.
We loaded it up on the trailer and headed back home, on the way home she said ,Happy fathers day. Now I ask do I not have the coolest wife. BTW it has a good running/6 in it but came with a 318 and 727 long shaft to go with.
Since taking possesion I removed the glue from the roof and started to repair the surface rust beneath. Wont be going back to vinyl for sure. I can't believe I am this lucky.:toothy7:

Thanks for The warm welcome. I've been lurking since she got my baby for me. Just thought it proper to,join in.

Welcome,lot's of good information and member's here.

Since those pics were taken ( the day we brought it home ), I have stripped the fuzz off the roof from the vinyl roof popped out the back window and addressed the rust in the lower left corner of the window frame. At the lower left corner where the vinyl stopped a very small spot of corrosion occurred there, addressed that as well. Also caught up on a lot of little things. Shocks, brake lines, exhaust got the engine running so-so. Good enough to roll 'round town. The car gets looks everywhere we go. Had an old timer follow me home for a couple a blocks just to say "nice buggy kiddo" I'm 41 and he called me kiddo. So I felt double good. Always wanted a little A-body. As a kid wanted a 69 Charger, yeah me n every other adolescent teen with a pulse. Now I R adult and thought hell, If I could put an A-body on steroids well the trouble I could get into. As I explained before I gots me an awesome wife who remembers stuff. She found this little gem and the rest is fun. I'm havin loads of fun checkin everyone else's builds getiing sick ideas (mad dart got some crazy skills)I've got a blank canvas with a limited budget so we'll see how far I can go. Thanks again everyone for the welcome

Hello fellow Illinois-an. Sounds like you have a really nice lady in your life and now a Mopar to. What cool combo.

-
Back