hello from Atlantic Canada

-

Xsapper041

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My name's Dean and I'm in New Brunswick Canada ...East coast and yes it's cold here! I'm not good at introductions so I don't really know what to say, retired from the Military recently and since I'll be home on a regular basis it's time to look for that project car I've been wanting for the last 25 years or so.

I've been lurking here for about a year now I guess, didn't own a Mopar so didn't see a need to register as I had nothing to offer the forum. Well, I still don't own a Mopar but I'm getting close ..LOL. I think I found a project that's in the shape I'm looking for but as with all things in life the timing sucks ...it's a good 10-12 hours from here ...probably longer in a snowstorm and pulling a trailer!

Anyway ...I figured it's time to join up and start planning a project build

Welcome to FABO Dean.Let us know where the car is and maybe we can have a member in the area look at it for you,a lot better than sight unseen. 8)

welcome aboard!! good to see another atlantic canadian on this site! what part of NB are you from? what type of car are you looking for?

Hey Dean, welcome to FABO! Be patient and keep an eye on the For Sale section. You'll find just the car you're looking for. The FABO Members Map can help you track down members nearby (or close to the car you find) and the Transportation Network thread might even result in getting it home affordably. We'll be here to help you out and cheer ya on. :-D

Welcome aboard,my dad was born and raised in St.Johns..we pass through NewBrunswick on our way to P.E.I. every other year,heading up again this July...

HI Dean and welcome to the best A-body site in the world! Hope that you soon will find your project. You never know but you might find it here! Good luck! I live on the other side of the Atlantic coast in northern Sweden.

welcome to the site buddy. glad to have you here. be patient, the car will come to you. :)

Welcome...I'm an hour and a half away from you...exactly what are you looking for...and what's is your budget?

Welcome...I'm an hour and a half away from you...exactly what are you looking for...and what's is your budget?

hour and a half? so that's Moncton/Sackville, Doaktown, or Centreville (and it depends what I'm driving) hahaha

I need to get out there and get involved in this musclecar lifestyle and meet some new people ...do you guys meet up anytime other than the Nationals?

What am I looking for and what's my budget? not a straight-forward answer for that ...one depends on the other I suppose but I'll give it a shot:

Let's start with budget ...I could buy a $40 000 E-Body, park it in the garage and bring it out on Sundays when it's not raining (so ...3-4 times a year). With THAT car I can tell you guys "look what I bought"

Or ...I can take on a project that once completed I'll be able to drive anytime I want without worrying about putting too many miles on it or getting it wet. With THAT car I could proudly tell you guys "look what my son and I BUILT"

That said ..numbers matching/original options/etc etc doesn't matter to me. I want a '70 Cuda but I'm not willing to pay for one (complete or project) I like A-bodies, they're smaller and easier on the wallet.

First choice: When I was in high school I knew someone with a '69 Dart, I'd like to re-create that car. It was a 340 car (swinger) but he put buckets and a console/floor shifter out of another car in it. It was white with a black stripe and had Cragar SS wheels. (it was 26-29 years ago so my memory's shaky).

Second choice: those '67-'69 Barracudas are just mean looking. I'm not a purist so I'm not much into stock-looking ...I like fat tires and loud exhausts :)

Third: I'm just starting to research Dusters and demons ...I'm liking what I see. I prefer the looks of the Demon but from what I understand it's fairly easy to make one out of a duster (if you can get the parts)

**Sorry for being long-winded here**

Budget: depends ...if I buy something running and on the road I don't want to spend more than 10-12 grand, that's something that's pretty much the way I want it for the first year. Now, if I need rims/tires ..bucket seats ...etc, etc ..then subtract that cost

If I find a project that's going to take over a year to get on the road then I'm not willing to spend more that $4000 or so, with the intention of putting another 5-6 into it before paint

I know that's a lot of words for one post but I hope it helps answer the question ....maybe you get the idea of what I'm trying to say??

Welcome to FABO, Xsapper041, you're going to have fun here.
Sounds like you've done a lot of thinking about your Mopar project and I like your decisions. Too many put too much money in the initial purchase and then never finish the project due to lack of funds. I'm partial to the '69 Darts as I'm currently in 'build mode' on one now. I had a '69 340 Swinger that I bought used back in very late 1969 but it's gone now due to some stupid decisions years ago.
Good luck with your search and keep us updated on whatever project you decide on.

Welcome to FABO, Xsapper041, you're going to have fun here.
Sounds like you've done a lot of thinking about your Mopar project and I like your decisions. Too many put too much money in the initial purchase and then never finish the project due to lack of funds. I'm partial to the '69 Darts as I'm currently in 'build mode' on one now. I had a '69 340 Swinger that I bought used back in very late 1969 but it's gone now due to some stupid decisions years ago.
Good luck with your search and keep us updated on whatever project you decide on.

I'm not going anywhere so I plan to keep you updated ...in fact I plan to be a PITA :toothy10:

the good part (or not) about your story is that car is likely still out there somewhere ...and maybe even on this forum

Hartland.....sometime you are bored and out for a drive...give me a shout....have lines on lots of what you are looking for...and would be more than willing to give you a hand.

Hartland.....sometime you are bored and out for a drive...give me a shout....have lines on lots of what you are looking for...and would be more than willing to give you a hand.

Centreville ...hartland ...same thing ...hahahaha

I'll send you a pm to exchange info ...I appreciate the help

-
Back