Hello from Northfield MN, from a Minnesota Mopar girl!

-
Hey they are your cars to do with what ever makes you happy. I only one you need to impress is yourself I always say.

Well she just posted a pic of the motor bay so everyone has now seen it.:D
GM boosters on a Mopar is just a pet peeve of mine. :poke:
Well, my purse is saying at the moment ... if it's not broke ... don't fix it, and since it's a 6 ... meh ... it's staying. I'll just keep the hood shut. haha If it would have been MY build, yes Mopar only. So, I totally get what you are saying.

Well, my purse is saying at the moment ... if it's not broke ... don't fix it, and since it's a 6 ... meh ... it's staying. I'll just keep the hood shut. haha If it would have been MY build, yes Mopar only. So, I totally get what you are saying.
Just do what you can afford and when you are ready. These are toys, hobbies, and meant to be enjoyed. Don't let them become a burden :)

So I guess the next natural question would be when your purse good so heavy it's dragging on the floor and you need to lighten it up a bit but would you want to get for the car?...
(I have the same problem what's my wallet it starts heating up so hot it burns a hole and my pocket and I have to take the money out to cool it down)

Thanks, I appreciate it! I am sure they put the scoops on for eye appeal, which I do like, I just wish it had the motor to match! Oh well, next time ... just have to save up some more $$$. I'll be on the hunt for different tires and wheels next summer.
I know of a good little cast crank 340 with J heads..decent little hydraulic cam and a aluminum intake.

FYI I voice command so sometimes things sound a little conjumbled and most of the time I go back and correct but sometimes I just say forget it they know what I'm saying..

Don't tempt me. My plan is to run this little cruiser for a year or two, and then upgrade.
Just remember, when you do the swap you will need pretty much everything drive train related from the radiator (and including radiator) to the rear end.

Just remember, when you do the swap you will need pretty much everything drive train related from the radiator (and including radiator) to the rear end.
Really just motor, exhaust, tranny, and radiator. Drive shaft and rear end would be fine for a mild small block.

So I guess the next natural question would be when your purse good so heavy it's dragging on the floor and you need to lighten it up a bit but would you want to get for the car?...
(I have the same problem what's my wallet it starts heating up so hot it burns a hole and my pocket and I have to take the money out to cool it down)
Well that is how I ended up with the car. haha First big purchase will be wheels and tires next year.

Well that is how I ended up with the car. haha First big purchase will be wheels and tires next year.
Cool... something to maybe consider is if it has a what they call small bolt pattern or a big bolt pattern. If your intentions were to upgrade like to disc brakes and a bigger rear end to handle bigger horsepower people tend to go with the bigger bolt pattern. I guess what I'm getting at is if you have a small bolt pattern and you buy new rims for that and then you end up upgrading to like disc brakes and the bigger rear end in the rear then you're up for another set of wheels again...
Another question would be do you want just a rumbly V8 with a little bit more power or do you want the damn thing to scare you?... My preference is the latter of the two LOL...

Really just motor, exhaust, tranny, and radiator. Drive shaft and rear end would be fine for a mild small block.
Ya as long as you don't abuse it much. That's why the v8 though right? I wouldn't trust a 7 1/4 with anything bigger than a 2 barrel teen. And you need at least a 3.23 in any rear end. :poke::poke::lol:

Ya as long as you don't abuse it much. That's why the v8 though right? I wouldn't trust a 7 1/4 with anything bigger than a 2 barrel teen. And you need at least a 3.23 in any rear end. :poke::poke::lol:
I've been pounding, beating, and abusing the 7.25 behind my 318 Duster getting close to 5 years. No serious power, but it is about factory 340 power. Personally, with mildly built 318's I've never lost a 7.25. Not ever. Maybe tomorrow will be the day but as of today that's my record LOL :D Automatic with stock converter and NO drag radials really helps it survive

Cool... something to maybe consider is if it has a what they call small bolt pattern or a big bolt pattern. If your intentions were to upgrade like to disc brakes and a bigger rear end to handle bigger horsepower people tend to go with the bigger bolt pattern. I guess what I'm getting at is if you have a small bolt pattern and you buy new rims for that and then you end up upgrading to like disc brakes and the bigger rear end in the rear then you're up for another set of wheels again...
Another question would be do you want just a rumbly V8 with a little bit more power or do you want the damn thing to scare you?... My preference is the latter of the two LOL...
That is a good thing to keep in mind for sure! I do have already have the k member to switch to an 8 ... but I know a lot of other things follow along with that ... so It'll be a while until I am ready. But I'd just be going for more power and better sound. I'm just wanting a nice cruiser that sounds a looks good. :)

That is a good thing to keep in mind for sure! I do have already have the k member to switch to an 8 ... but I know a lot of other things follow along with that ... so It'll be a while until I am ready. But I'd just be going for more power and better sound. I'm just wanting a nice cruiser that sounds a looks good. :)
K frame swap if fine, but they make mounts for the biscuit style for about 65 bucks. Just another option. Lots of options for this swap, I've done it personally more times than I care to remember LOL.

Yes if you take your time and are a little methodical about it you can have some great results. So it sounds like you have plenty of time to figure things out ask questions and maybe learn from other people's experiences..

K frame swap if fine, but they make mounts for the biscuit style for about 65 bucks. Just another option. Lots of options for this swap, I've done it personally more times than I care to remember LOL.
Remember he's old, more times than he could remember could be just twice... LOL.:poke:...

Welcome from WA state (misplaced ND guy..). That leaning tower of power can surprise you with what it is capable of. A friend of mine used to race a 66 Barracuda on the Lemons circuit and it did pretty well. I drove that car in autocross at the MATS some years ago and it was a blast. Sure, a V8 is cool and certainly has more potential, but the /6 is really capable of being a good engine and if done well will provide some spirited driving.

Welcome from WA state (misplaced ND guy..). That leaning tower of power can surprise you with what it is capable of. A friend of mine used to race a 66 Barracuda on the Lemons circuit and it did pretty well. I drove that car in autocross at the MATS some years ago and it was a blast. Sure, a V8 is cool and certainly has more potential, but the /6 is really capable of being a good engine and if done well will provide some spirited driving.
We actually did a really cheap /6 in a '72 Duster that would outrun most stock 318 2bbl you could find. We cut the head .100 and did a little bowl work, added a super six, and used the "large" outlet exhaust manifold with 2.25 pipe. But it didn't have the V8 sound :( LOL

Very cool!

I grenaded plenty of 7.25 diffs in a 70 Dart with a very mild 318, wouldn't wait to upgrade to at least an 8.25 when swapping to a V8.

-
Back