Hello from South Florida

-

fourandahalf

Reaction score
Hi, I've been lurking and learning for a little bit now and must say you guys (and gals) have a pretty cool thing going on here. I've learned quite a bit in the short time i've been browsing.

Recently, I made a long time dream come true. I'm now the owner of a 70 Dart Swinger. She's got a 318 with a 727 in her. Funny enough she has a 71/72 rear bumper, which is fine with me as i actually prefer that look.

IMG_0103.jpg

i'll probably ask some stupid questions along the way, but you guys are probably used to that. Thanks in advance for having me and i look forward to learning as i go!

I have to agree, There sure is some of the best of the best tec info here to use
Welcome from Arkansas .

Welcome aboard! Nice looking Dart you've found there -- don't be shy with the pics and never, ever forget that the only "stupid" question is the one that isn't asked. Make yourself at home! :-D

Welcome, very nice Dart. I was born & raised in Sarasota. FYI there's a show Mopars In The Park, Sunday, Dec 5, in Englewood, FL.

Welcome aboard!!! What a beautiful Dart! Enjoy the site and keep us updated on the progress, with more pics of course!!!

thanks for the welcome everyone!

one of the things i really like about this place is the LACK of newb hazing. i'm on some other forums for other interests that i have and there is plenty of that. i never really understood the mentality of it and certainly appreciate the warm welcome here.

i have some car knowledge, i'm not a complete greenhorn, but it's really only at the level of simple repairs, fluid changes, and enough to make sure i don't get taken for a ride at the garage. lol

i want to learn more, but at the this point don't really have the space to do a lot, so for major stuff i'll still end up at the garage, but i have a good honest guy that i've known for years.

i've always loved the look of mopars. they just look meaner than anything else!! i had a 73 mach one about 15 years ago. it wasn't my first choice, but it kind of feel into my lap so i took it. i lost that car in an accident about 6 months after i got and have always missed it, even though it was a mustang and one of the uglier ones. lol

i've been driving the normal vanilla compact car ever since and something was just plain missing. i think it's called the fun of living!!!

so the compact finally died and it gave me some good years, but now with the need for a new vehicle, i decided that i was going to do it right!!!

i went and got what i wanted even as impractical as some of my friends might say it is. the dart is going to be driven, so it's certainly not perfect and that's fine because i didn't want perfect. i want something i can drive and enjoy!!!

i'll get some more pics when i have a chance. i must admit that i'm hiding some body damage on the drivers side rear quarter. lol it never hurts to show your good side. it's not major, but certainly is noticeable. i do have a new quarter for it though and once i tackle some of the basic mechanical stuff i'll tackle that.

thanks again for the warm welcome!!

mopar show in englewood??? hmmmmm..... very tempting. they have a great skatepark in englewood!!! yep, 37 and still riding my skateboard too!!

i refuse to grow old gracefully!!! :)

Welcome from Plant City Fl. Please downsize your pictures in the future as scrolling across to read a thread sucks.

hello again!! i meant to post some more pics of the dart awhile, back, but i've had my hands full the last few months with various things, but now i have a little extra time, so here they are! :)

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

thanks for taking the time to look. she is far from original, but that's fine with me. i really look forward to getting here in better shape over the next few months/years! lol

any words of wisdom or tips is greatly appreciated!

BTW...... i resized the rather large pics because it does tend to be annoying. if they are still showing large, just be patient. it's photobucket. they will eventually shrink a bit. :)

Just run them through the dryer,they'll shrink !!! Welcome to FABO !!! Lot of potential in that Dart !!! I'm sitting here waiting on the delivery of my new '72 4dr as we speak !!Was supposed to be here Friday !!!Oh well,it'll be worth the wait !!

Just run them through the dryer,they'll shrink !!! Welcome to FABO !!! Lot of potential in that Dart !!! I'm sitting here waiting on the delivery of my new '72 4dr as we speak !!Was supposed to be here Friday !!!Oh well,it'll be worth the wait !!

:blob:

-
Back