Hello from Texas...first time Dodge owner...

-

Smooth69Dart

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals...I am new here but have visited many times...I just got my first Dodge product...a 69 Dart...haven't done any research yet but will post later on more detail...what I do know is that it is a 318 4bbl with a 727 column shift...and for some odd reason has the 15" Rally style wheels with beauty rings and center caps...the car has a bench seat, disk brakes and factory A/C!!

I've always wanted a Dart since a first got into cars...which was a while back but now I came across this deal that was too good to pass up...I just could not find one I could afford at the time...future plans call for a lot of custom mods...I am a mechanic/body man by trade...so getting this baby customized will be very fun and a learning experience...in fact I work at a street rod shop and have access to upholstery guys as well.

My screen name will some day match my car...I want to shave the door handles, locks and anything that will give it a smoother meaner look.

I look forward to many questions and making some new friends:cheers:

Welcome to the site and the world of A bodies!!

Take some pictures and keep us posted to your progress.

Welcome and congrats on your Dart purchase. Post some photos and hold on tight. It will be a fun ride! This place is all about fun and friends. Lots of good info too, from seasoned veterans in the Mopar sport. toolmanmike

Hello from a fellow Texan. Where are you located?
El Paso for the next month, then moving to New Mexico...Thanks for all the quick nice replies.

I'm a ford guy and for the record...I traded a 400HP EFI complete engine for the dart and a very expensive aluminum race radiator:-D...I am very excited to get the car home...I did a visual check on the undercarriage and the car is as solid as the day it was built...not one ounce of rust...I also scored a pair of Cuda bucket seats to go with the T5 spd conversion I want to do in the future so I hope that I can find some more detail on the T5 conversion as I did find some threads but nothing with some hard source of parts...would like to find which cars year make and model to source the parts from...I will post more detailed info in another thread.

But very glad to be a Dart owner now...I just wanna drive the damn thing!...but will have to wait 'til after the move.

Here is another welcome from Texas. What part of the state are you in?

!Hola Senior! ?Coma esta usted? :cheers:<< Howdy Dude, How you doin'?>>>>

From Almost Heaven West Virginia :angel8:

Can't wait to see pictures. We all love pictures here at FABO.

:worthles:

~Mary

im impressed, i guess you are fluent. should guillespie have tipped me off?

Howdy, from central Texas, near Temple. Glad to have ya. Drop in more often.

Wow!...what a really nice welcome...no spanglish here...originally from Cali...been a Texan for only 7 months now...love the weather here so far...no more cold *** delta breeze in the mornings, nice!

Welcome to FABO 'Cali-Tex-NewMex'. You're gonna have fun here!
I'm also currently building a '69 Dart. What's the ultimate plan for yours?

-
Back