Hellwig 5905 sway bar install troubles 74 duster

-
Well, went out and drove Duster later. Handles so much better. Also doesn't have that floating feeling in the front now...

Promising feedback here! I'm glad to hear that this is working for you.

...Did have a thunk and a creaking noise from each side once, but never heard them again...

If the thunks and the creaks kept going, I'd suggest that you post up a picture so we could make sure you weren't accidentally driving a Chevy.

Well, went out and drove Duster later. Handles so much better. Also doesn't have that floating feeling in the front now.
Did have a thunk and a creaking noise from each side once, but never heard them again. Even hit a little rougher patches of road to see if I could duplicate sounds. Everything looks good still.
Great product and an excellent addition to the Duster!

The noise was probably the sway bar and end links finding their "home" when the suspension settled in. It would be worth checking the end links to make sure they're still tight and not interfering with anything though.

I can't figure out how to qoute on here for some reason.
I figured the noises was the sway bar settling in. All looked good after, but it will go back on the lift or a good once over again this weekend when I get time. Have only driven it probably 25 miles since install. So far, I am extremely happy with the results!

I can't figure out how to qoute on here for some reason.
I figured the noises was the sway bar settling in. All looked good after, but it will go back on the lift or a good once over again this weekend when I get time. Have only driven it probably 25 miles since install. So far, I am extremely happy with the results!
Are you still happy with this sway bar? I'm thinking I'm gonna install on my 75 Scamp. No factory mount on LCA, looks like I'll be drilling! Which bolts did you use to mount the end link bracket to LCA?

Are you still happy with this sway bar? I'm thinking I'm gonna install on my 75 Scamp. No factory mount on LCA, looks like I'll be drilling! Which bolts did you use to mount the end link bracket to LCA?
Yes, very happy! I think it came with the bolts to mount it. Drilled, installed brackets and tighten up bolts. Car doesn't dip in a hard corner like it used to. Stopped the sway while driving straight also. I would definitely do again if I was ever to need to. You will notice an improvement for sure.

I installed front and rear Hellwigs on both my cars.
Huge difference in handling!

-
Back