Help convince me to go BB in my Duster?

-
67 and up a bodies there is no need to cut anything. TTI, mad dog or Schumacher all run under chassis.

Yes, yes they do.

Do you have to cut out the side walls? or was that a personal preference thing for you?

you dont have to use fenderwell headers....thats what those are they make nice better under chassis ones these days so you dont burn wires, can access the plugs and starter more easily

Got a question no one has asked. How well do these headers clear flexplate shields and transmission blankets. I have burnt blankets before. Can get expensive buying em. Never had a problem with shields but I've never run big block chassis headers,only fenderwell.

Look on TTI and they show you pictures of them from the underside installed. They don't com anywhere near the transmission. So I doubt it would be an issue.

I really like them, do yourself a favor and look into the header "ball" connectors, made hook up a breeze and really easy to take off. Pricy though, 90 or so.

Very informative. I did a 440 in a 68 cuda 30 years ago abd fabbed my own mounts. Don't remember all the details though. I do remember even with the stock 74 low comp engine that sob would run also had the 484 purple shaft in it. Now I have a pristine 76 A body. Does anyone know if the power brake booster is moved up enough with the bracket it mounted to that it would clear the 440? Its the oem 12" booster. Still has the mopar tag on it. Car only has 69k miles on it. Also,anyone here got infor on putting the smaller Sanden type ac compressor on? Thanks!

Very informative. I did a 440 in a 68 cuda 30 years ago abd fabbed my own mounts. Don't remember all the details though. I do remember even with the stock 74 low comp engine that sob would run also had the 484 purple shaft in it. Now I have a pristine 76 A body. Does anyone know if the power brake booster is moved up enough with the bracket it mounted to that it would clear the 440? Its the oem 12" booster. Still has the mopar tag on it. Car only has 69k miles on it. Also,anyone here got infor on putting the smaller Sanden type ac compressor on? Thanks!

I had to go with a 8" boster in mine (74 SE), but if I did it again I would do the hydra brakes.

74 SE? is that the application for the booster? What is it. Mopar used a lot of diff parts. It would help me track it down. I gotta keep m ps pdb and ac. Was gonna do a 451 for better fit, but decided to keep it simple.May have to do a gearvendors overdrive cause I want to drive it a lot. Was easier to do at .99 cents a gallon as to 2.80.

The 8" is aftermarket. The SE is a four door with a comfort package. It was manual brakes and tried a 12" but it was way to tight, I think I have pics in my profile. The 8" is an aftermarket set up. Search hydra boost there is a great thread on it. I had to get a vac pump due to the cam in my 440 so it would have been much easier to go that way from the beginning. It hooks up to the p/s pump. Just something to think about.

This is probably the set I'll end up going with. It said they're rated up to 500hp, and that's all I'll need.
This is what I run with the 500HP, made my own exhaust to keep the heat away from the trans, added cut outs for down the track. I run the mopar ecu. I am still in the 11.50s with it.

-
Back