Help....How to remove bronze Dizzy Bushing with engine in car?

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
How do you remove the bronze Dizzy Bushing with the engine in car? Engine is a 400 Mopar, the bushing is worn pretty bad, engine runs and is in my driver. There was a special Mopar dealer tool made for removing this while in the car, anyone have a tool I can borrow or buy? Anyone know the Chrysler part number? Car is a 73 Fury wagon, would like to pop this bushing out before it falls apart, Thanks!! :D

Not sure what a "Dizzy" Bushing is but you might want to try Auto Zone as they will let you use their tools for free!

i found this but it is expensive (115.00) SB is the same as a BB ..looks like it wont ship for while either. my search is saying that will work for a BB

OTC Tools 6293 - OTC Distributor Bushing Installer/Reamers

Compare

Distributor Bushing Installer, Reamer, Mopar Small Block LA/V6, Each

Part Number:OTC-6293More Detail …

Estimated Ship Date: 3/20/2012

Attachments

• otc.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 308
Not sure what a "Dizzy" Bushing is

I'm not, either.

Google "pilot bushing puller"

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=i...3l5620l0l5881l20l20l0l8l8l0l150l1092l8j4l12l0

There are all kinds of 'em. If you were to pull the intake and valley, can you get your fingers under? If so, you could stick a chunk of all-thread through, and put a washered nut on the bottom. I did that on a SB, not sure about B/ RB, it's been a long time.

THE IMPORTANT thing is you need the INSTALLATION tool, because it "burnishes" (expands) the bushing into the block as well as slightly expands the internal ID

33ua9gz.jpg

2crnek1.jpg

My local Mopar machine shop has that tool. You might check around at machine shops and see if you could borrow or rent it there?

It's the bushing in the block. tmm

............Like said u can use some allthread........remove oil pump......then u can spin a nut on[if u grind off the edges]....get some big washers for the top......then u can suck it out while tightenening the nut...........kim..........

You could also use a tap to thread the bushing, install a threaded rod, and use a nut and big washer on the outside to pull it out. Coat the tap real good with grease first so no metal chips fall inside.

-
Back