Not open for further replies.

BrianT

Here we go again...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Contact seller
I have been talking with a guy who has a buddy who has this 71 Demon for sale. He claims that it is all original. No paint or bodywork has ever been done as far as he can tell. His buddy is supposedly the second owner of the vehicle. It is a slant 6 with a 3 speed manual on the column. He said that he hasn't been able to find any rust anywhere on the car. The only known defects are it needs tires (I have a set), the driver's seat is ripped as is the headliner. He says that it is a solid driver, no surprises. Here are some pictures.

Photo_041709_005.jpg

Photo_041709_006.jpg

Photo_041709_004.jpg

Photo_041709_007.jpg

Photo_041709_016.jpg

His buddy is asking $3000 for the car, but he said he would be willing to entertain offers. So my question is, how much CASH should I take tomorrow in order to drive this car home!!

That is one nice and solid Demon! I wish I could find one like that here in Rustlvania!

Take $3k offer $2k and you will most likely settle on $2,500.

Still a great deal!

Good Luck!

I agree with 72swinger360. Everything has a different value to different people, but even at $3k Id still drive away with a smile on my face and not think I overpayed. Good luck and let us know how it goes!!

Take $3K I think even at $3K you would be getting a good deal if the body is clean as it looks. Jim

If the car is really that clean I wouldn't even offer him $2K you may piss the guy off and loose out on the car.I would go ahead and just give him $3K if you feel he may take less offer him $2700.00
Jim

I agree with the others that 3k is not too much to pay. There's an art to dickering, we all have our own style. My strategy is be friendly but speak little, ask thoughtful questions, check it over thoroughly, then ask 'will you be willing to take $2500 cash right now?' and say it more as a statement than a question. Then shut up. He'll probably say 'yeah,' if not, keep quiet. See what he comes back with. You can say you only have $3000 to get the car registered and everything, be quiet again, see if he'll come back with a better price. If you end up paying $3000, just think, you can't even buy a crappy used econobox for that little money. Have fun...you'll get that Demon!!!

Look the car over and then just ask him how much his final price is, if it is $3k
he´ll tell you that. If he has the car out for sale (craiglist or similar) he must be aware of that someone will try to lower the price.
Great looking Demon, Btw. Good luck

Take 4000$ just in case he has some other kewl stuff at a great price like that!!!very nice lil' car!!! hope you get it!

Thanks for the advice guys, that's what I was looking for! I decided to sleep on it and overnight he sent some more pictures.

Photo_041709_018.jpg

Photo_041709_017.jpg

Photo_041709_015.jpg

Photo_041709_013.jpg

It's raining out this morning, and I told the guy that I wouldn't be able to come out til after church anyway. I think I'll take the $3k with me just in case, but would like to try and get it for $2500 if I can.

UPDATE...spoke with the actual owner of the vehicle this morning and the price of $3000 is FIRM. He said that the vehicle has been repainted once by the original owner and that it is straight and not fully of bondo. Has a bad idler arm and a slipped belt in one of the tires. He will throw in a new idler arm and master cyl also.

We are going to go out and take a look at it to see for ourselves. Wish me luck!

you could buy that for 3k and sell if for about 6k in kansas.. or go to kent., i have a 71 duster that is in rough shape and a trucker from there offered me 3000 for it and everyone around here is offering 50 bucks..

Thanks mplsmyke, maybe someone could have beat me to it. Someone else may want it, but I passed.

It did have a few rust spots. The trunk extension was rotted through and also the left front wheel well. Rust was starting to bubble through on the left quarter panel. It is actually a solid car, I checked with a magnet and found a little putty in the left quarter, but nothing terrible. Some surface rust along the bottom of the doors and the bottom of the front fenders and valance. The frame rails and floorpans were clean. The engine purred like a kitten.

It would make someone a great project vehicle, but unfortunately I have one project that is feelin pretty ignored right now. I offered $2500 and told him to call me if he wants to sell it. If anyone wants more info about the car, send me a PM. Or look on KC Craigslist and you do all the leg work yourself!

I've been talking to this guy that has a buddy, who has a sister who's girlfriend has this 71 Demon for sale= saw this on Craigslist. jk mike

You don't show all your cards while the game is still being played!

I was talking to the buddy last night because the guy selling the car doesn't do the internet. Met them both today, nice guys.

Looks like a nice car to me. Even at 3X you yould still be doing very well. They only used the Demon name for two years so they are hard to find. Good luck to you.

well sir iv bouht a lot of cars were the man whats one thing but most likly will take less .cash money will make a man do strange things . hears what i do i take a frend give him a thousend i keep two ill lay two cash on the hood and tell him thats what i have and 90% of the time he will take it. if not tell him you might able to barrow sum from my frend.of corse he will give you a sad song about paying bills ..its a crull world but ya have to ask your self would he do it to you.. just trying to help mopar to ya..........

His buddy seemed pretty sure that he would take $2500 cash, but I guess he was wrong. I'll check back with him next weekend to see if he's sold it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back