Help me decide on a hood for my race car

Help me decide a hood for my race car

• Pro Stock Style

Votes: 153 60.7%
  • Cowl style

Votes: 99 39.3%

• Total voters
-
Well here's the deal..... I went with a 4" cowl hood. I am VERY happy with the quality of this hood. BUT.. I think I miss measured cause the carbs might be to close for my liking. I think I should have went with a 6" cowl. Im gonna take some time and look at it closer. If it is to close then I think its gonna be a different type of hood. Probably a pro stock/snorkel style.

On a good note, I really like how this hood will look with the Twister Strobe stripe in the hood.

I wasnt sold on the cowl style when I ordered it BUT I really like how it looks now that I have it sitting on the car.:glasses7::burnout:

Attachments

• 2012-07-24_17-26-07_745.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 336
  • 2012-08-08_16-53-30_214.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 322
  • 2012-07-24_17-32-02_718.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 355
  • 2012-07-24_17-31-18_609.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 353
  • 2012-07-24_17-31-03_856.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 320
  • 2012-07-24_17-26-40_556.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 345
  • 2012-07-24_17-26-20_736.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 353
you need 2"+ and you're good to go.

Yeah, from what I can see from the sitting inside the car and looking under the hood I should be ok. But I cant be sure as of right now. I'll have more time next week to mess with it

thanks for the reply

THANKS BUD! I should have more pics of progress in the coming weeks. Im getting laid off for a couple of week (which is awesome!). So im gonna have some time to pick away at the Duster. Trans still wont be done till the end of August, so racing is out for this year now:protest:. But I have enough to do to keep me busy for awhile:blackeye:

Damn thats close, it looks good though!

THANKS BUD! I should have more pics of progress in the coming weeks. Im getting laid off for a couple of week (which is awesome!). So im gonna have some time to pick away at the Duster. Trans still wont be done till the end of August, so racing is out for this year now:protest:. But I have enough to do to keep me busy for awhile:blackeye:

So you should be ready to go for next year! :blob:

I was thinking of doing something like this. I found this on a different site and I really like how it looks

Yeah, that looks like it would work great. From the pics it looks like you have enough clearance, and if you needed you could shim the rear studs of the hood a little to avoid stepping up to the 6".

Perfect choice for a hood in my opinion. Looks good on the car. Would love to see more of that motor? Those dom's on E85?

Yes they are E85 Quickfuel dominators. It pulled 816hp on the dyno. 500ci stroker, B1BS heads.

I'll keep that in mind. thanks!

Yeah, that looks like it would work great. From the pics it looks like you have enough clearance, and if you needed you could shim the rear studs of the hood a little to avoid stepping up to the 6".

HA! I seen that hood there also. If it was for a Duster I would have bought it.

How have you been buddy?

I forgot to tell you what I picked up this year for my Demon from Mopars in the Park. Couldn't pass it up! Got it pretty cheap.

cowl...no questions asked

Attachments

• Ertefa-Meet-July-19-2012-THUMBNAIL-8.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 229
HA! I seen that hood there also. If it was for a Duster I would have bought it.

How have you been buddy?

Good! Went racing at the Rock last weekend, the car ran good, had a great weekend!
Goin' to the Mopar Maxx thing in Iowa this weekend, just going to spectate, but it should be fun! Last year was pretty cool.

Where you been hiding? Hope all is well with you!?

70 TA Challenger type, sealed to the carburetors and high enough to get good flow into them.

I always liked the scoop on the Ford Thunderbolt.
I believe it was called a teardrop.

I have never been a fan of cowl hoods on Mopars but it is your ride go with what looks best to you.

Guess I'll go against the grain and vote for the Cowl Induction style ! Just a cleaner less obstructive look to me !! I guess I'll be ostracized when they find out I put a FORD color on my '69 Dart !!

-
Back