Help me decide on a hood for my race car

Help me decide a hood for my race car

• Pro Stock Style

Votes: 153 60.7%
  • Cowl style

Votes: 99 39.3%

• Total voters
-
buddy its your car. you have to drive it and have to pay for it get what you want. whatever it is you do you and be happy doing it.

Ya beat me to it. That's the old school scoop I like best. It's more squared off than the newer round jelly bean scoops.

http://www.receng.com/servlet/the-1880/hood-scoops-bolt-on/Detail

Another vote for the old 2 piece (with the angle) pro stock scoop.
The new ones remind me of the alien's head from the movie 'Alien'.
I can't stand cowl hoods no matter how the masses want to spin the greatness of them.:puke:
But in the end it's your car your choice!

Cowl hood is to much Chevy. Makes it look like a Nova!

Another Demon with a cowl scoop. This one was a King Of the Street (KOS) car. See it?

Wylde1.

I like the "double bump" bulging hood myself... and if you don't like the green twin strip just take it off it will look better. I am positive just about everyone will like the looks of it, er them...8)

I'm just going through the same problem.

tr2.jpg

I think I like the tall 6 pac scoop the best

I used to have an Australian Charger with a tunnelram
pic5.jpg

Dave

I was at our sponcers shop yesterday getting sprint car items wrapped . there was a new dodge there it had a new double high snorkle scoop on it . I got in the truck and looked out over it. It was pretty cool it was just like looking over the hood on the Duster , but the scoop was twice as high. I don't know if it was a factory item or dealer installed but it was there from a dealer lot getting striped. It would look like the second car only a snorkle.

I think no matter which scoop this dude chooses between the two, it's going to look like a Nova.

IMHO, the "Pro Stock" style hood he is leaning towards, should never be used on a Mopar. It's just as Chevy-ish as the cowl hood. But hey, that's my opinion. If I had to chooce between those two though, I'd choose the cowl without thinking about it. I think it'd look much nicer.

I like the cowl better.. More sleeper looking. i run a cowl cuz the pro street class I run doesnt allow forward facing scoops. I have been trying to find a scoop off ebay I saw a few years back.. It was a extra tall cuda AAR style. so it had the opening in the front the raised cowl portion..

Like this only 5"..
!B-O3C7QBmk~$(KGrHqEOKi0EzQS+MI12BM8HB3Ut+!~~_12.JPG

Sorry but I like the flat black cowl, Chevy or not it looks good on the car. Not sure if it will feed the TRam as well as the PStock looking one but I like it.

Im thinking of going with 6.5 inch Pro Stock (aero) style.

http://www.usbodysource.com/__Photo-Gallery/C-Hd-Chrysler/70-aer-001.htm

I think it will lend its self for what im doing with my car.

Plus...I had a guy over the other day and say "Nice NOVA, 72?":angry4:

And I got to thinking that if someone thinks its a 72 NOVA now....I can imagine how many people will think that when I have a Cowl hood on it........:tongue2:

THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR GUYS' IMPUTE!:drinkers:

I enjoyed reading all the comments.

I'm glad that people have different idea's, thats what makes this hobby great! No 2 cars are the same:thumrigh:
I run the same style hood on my race car it's easy to see over and does the job. Good luck from Gary :supz:

Attachments

• expmanCA3OYKM3.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 502
Pro stock. It is much more slippery looking. Goes with the body. Those cowl hoods never convinced me of their efficiency. The pro stock style packs the engine compartment with OVER pressurized air rather than air trying to be evacuated with a cowl scoop. A gas engine is basically an air pump. The more air you give it, the better. Ever heard of a blower or a turbo charger? They feed OVER pressurized air into the heads...nuff' said. IMHO.

I voted for the pro stock style. I don't mean to be bold but cowl induction hoods look like **** on Mopars. They are for Chivy panzy azzes. tmm

Cowl hood. It looks clean. I made mine from scratch out of sheet metal. Who gives a chit if it resembles a chevy hood all they should be seeing is your tail lights right? Thats if you are doing it properly

I like the cowl better.. More sleeper looking. i run a cowl cuz the pro street class I run doesnt allow forward facing scoops. I have been trying to find a scoop off ebay I saw a few years back.. It was a extra tall cuda AAR style. so it had the opening in the front the raised cowl portion..

Like this only 5"..
%21B-O3C7QBmk%7E$%28KGrHqEOKi0EzQS+MI12BM8HB3Ut+%21%7E%7E_12.JPG

http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/barracud.html

Hope this helps...scroll down to race fiberglass stuff, they have different height AAR hoods for E-body. I'm sure they would graft one onto an A-cuda or a Duster if asked.

I'm seriously looking into the '70 Cuda glass body that they make for my next street/strip car, instead of restoring an old rusty pos. Just need a '70-'74 donor car for the vin and title lol...

I met Butch Leal a couple years ago at a Super Stock Reunion show. Real cool guy!

I decided on an old style hemi scoop. However, you are the one that has to like what ever you choose.

Attachments

• desktop dart.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 372
http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/barracud.html

Hope this helps...scroll down to race fiberglass stuff, they have different height AAR hoods for E-body. I'm sure they would graft one onto an A-cuda or a Duster if asked.

I'm seriously looking into the '70 Cuda glass body that they make for my next street/strip car, instead of restoring an old rusty pos. Just need a '70-'74 donor car for the vin and title lol...

Nevermind this link...seems they have gone out of business?

-
Back