Help me find a crank!

-

The Rev

Reaction score
I decided to sell the /6 from my 71 Scamp and bought a 318 with pretty much everything but the crank. I was told the 318 came out of a 1968 vehicle. I need to find a crank that will work so I can begin the building process. Unfortunately, I'm brand new to this depth of engine work and I need help finding the right crank. I found this one on eBay, stamped what appears to be "285882". I'm hopeful one of y'all might be able to help! Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_20190104-231638.png

The crank in my 68 318 block has a 1976-1984 3751841. in just a brief search I cant find your number.
Edit: I did find a 2843868 2128869 for a 68 318 part number.
mopar casting numbers

Last edited:
Can I make a suggestion? Instead of spending "that amount" on the crank including shipping, go by your local big box store, like O'Reilly auto parts and get the whole crank kit. They include matching rod and main bearings and are very reasonable.

Thank you all! I had no idea I could order one from O'Reilly that reasonable. Everything I had found from Summit and Jegs was crazy expensive. Looks like I'll take a crack at this one! Thanks again, Rusty!

Can I make a suggestion? Instead of spending "that amount" on the crank including shipping, go by your local big box store, like O'Reilly auto parts and get the whole crank kit. They include matching rod and main bearings and are very reasonable.

When I was reading thread this I was thinking the same thing, and you posted it.
I know about the cranks available through Auto Zone because I have looked at getting one before.

If you want a used one start a wanted ad here.

not sure how it would be cheaper than 204.00 to buy used... have it turned and buy bearings.

I see you’e In OH. If you up for a road trip to northern VA, I’ve got a 72 crank that came out of a truck. Standard main and rods and includes the original balancer.

I see you’e In OH. If you up for a road trip to northern VA, I’ve got a 72 crank that came out of a truck. Standard main and rods and includes the original balancer.
Send him a personal message if you have one. This thread isn't a sale or wanted thread.

The O'reilly one is 209 with a 11.40 dollar core. That beats RockAuto all to hell.

Last edited:
Plus if something isn't exactly right you have a local person to make it right.

Yup! However, crankshafts from O'Reilly only have a manufacturer's defect warranty. Once it's installed, warranty gone. SO, make SURE you measure everything and VERIFY it is correct.

yeah... Rock auto tends to hose you on shipping as well. I wasnt neccesarily endorsing Rock just pointing out that ha may be better off going new.

Just anFYI for all.The new, best place to shop for used parts is FACEBOOK MARKETPLACE

It is the new Craigslist and eBay.

You have to set your central search city, and 100 miles radius.
There are thousands of 318 and magnum engine listings.

-
Back